A truly seasoned People Manager and driven International Sales and Marketing Senior Executive with over 18 years of progressive leadership responsibilities.
Experienced in new market start-ups for Telecommunications, Automotive, Heavy Industries, FMCG, and F&B in Africa, APAC, and Indo-China.
Group General Manager
at Carpenters Fiji Pte Ltd
January 2018 - at Present
• Reporting to the Group President & CEO • Responsible for the profitability of the multi-franchise automotive division (Isuzu, Hyundai, Nissan, Honda, UD Trucks, Man Trucks, Jaguar, and Land Rover) by direct management of the various departments which include variable operations (sales & financing), fixed operations (service & parts), and the business office (accounting & administration). • Successfully grew the business top line by 35% within 6 months of tenure attaining 49.1% market share of new vehicle sales in Fiji. • Transformation of go-to-market strategy, aftersales and service operations, and brand representation. • Introduction of value added shared- services to complement growth strategy – call centre operations, social and digital marketing unit, quality assurance, and aftermarket accessories unit.
General Manager - Marketing, Sales, Product Planning / PA to Group President
at Tan Chong Group
December 2014 - October 2017
• Personal advisor to the Group President and overseeing Corporate Planning, Sales, Marketing, and Product Development groupwide. • In 2015 to assigned as Head of Nissan Malaysia’s Marketing Department – transforming of the national team of 50 and strengthening Nissan's brand value through integrated digital marketing strategies. • Strategic retail/parts & aftersales sales and marketing planning & analysis, visual identity & merchandising, retail marketing operations/training & field force management, Nissan Experience Brand management, Sales Support in Strategy and Retail & Channel Development. • In January 2016, secured the exclusive distribution of “Ironman 4x4” for Malaysia. • In June 2016, appointed as Director of TCEAS Group – Indochina. Focusing on business transformation and re-modeling of a chain of quick-service garages. • Spearheading and managing the E-commerce platform start-up for automotive and real-estate development.
Group Marketing Manager, Global
at RMA Group Company Ltd
January 2009 - October 2014
• Development of a new global marketing and digital communications team to re-brand and re-position the group’s diverse business operations across 29 countries - “One Voice Brand & Business Strategy”. • Leading the automotive go-to-market strategy (manufacturing, distribution, retail, parts & accessories, and fleet) and new market start-up for the following brand franchises – Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, General Motors, and Mazda. • Led various M&A projects (Comin Asia & OCS Thailand, Minecorp Pty Ltd) involving brand, marketing & people integration. • Newmarket start-ups (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, Africa) – Ford Jaguar Land Rover dealerships, Costa Coffee Franchise. • Managing the regional marketing departments and project management of the other group’s divisions of Heavy Equipment, Power & Technology, Food Franchise Management, Infrastructure, and Oil & Gas. • Secretariat to the Group’s Automotive Executive Committee.
at Sin Hup Huat Company
July 2005 - November 2008
Brunei and Muara District
• Managing the company’s P/L, and over 400 employees. • • Advancing the total annual revenue from SGD 7 million to 12 million. • Transformed the family-run business into a semi-corporatized organisation (SME) through team and business restructuring. • Key focus - new and existing business acquisition, change management, import and export, warehousing, logistics and national distribution, sales and marketing, accounting and finance. • Established and captured a new network of corporate business accounts (75% of new car dealerships) and new dealer channels across Brunei Darussalam and East Malaysia. • Secured the exclusive distributorship for both Nankang Tyres (Taiwan) and Meguair’s Car Care International Products (USA) for the company in March 2006. • Introduced the 1st Automotive Financing Scheme – Vehicle Maintenance & Repairs in partnership with the Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam and the Land Transport Ministry for a two years exclusive term.
Country Manager - Australia / NZ
at USD Asia Pacific Ltd
January 2004 - June 2005
State of Western Australia
• A newly start-up role supporting the Group CEO in Hong Kong, to develop and establish new business opportunities (Voice Link – Digital Voice Recording Solution) in Australia and New Zealand. • Responsible for the overall business P/L, Business Development, Volume Growth and Market Share of Voicelink, Distributor relationship management, Dealer Channel Marketing and Management across the assigned territories. • Successfully acquired 7 national accounts for the two years. o McKesson Asia Pacific Pty Ltd - Australia o B Digital Ltd - Australia o HBF - Australia o Medibank Private - Australia o Hyatt Global Reservations - Asia Pacific o Australian Taxation Office - Western Australia
Bachelor of Commerce
at Curtin University of Technology (A)
1996 - 2000 (4 years) State of Western Australia
Knowledge and keywords