Transitex January 2012 - at Present• Employ and recruit local staff with adequate experience
• To facilitate all logistical solutions for our holding company Mota-Engil construction and engineering
• To source out and obtain new clients
• To reach and report monthly financial targets set out by Transitex head office in Portugal
• To liaise with foreign and local customers regarding their logistical needs and meet their requirements
• Responsible for all administrative, operational and financial activities for all Transitex Africa branches/Managing 45 employees.
Operations Director for Coca-Cola Bottling-Luanda -Africa
Coca Cola Bottling Luanda December 2009 - November 2011Responsible for all managerial operations related to three container yards and the supply of raw materials for two bottling factories. Managed a team of 60 employees
Import Manager for Refriango Group- Angola
Refriango September 2006 - November 2009Responsible for all imports for the group via sea, air and road with an annual volume of 14.000 containers. Managed a team of 30 employees
Sales and Key account manager at Maersk- Portugal
Maersk Line July 2000 - August 2006• Responsible for following the market and competition closely, thus ensuring that Maersk remained competitive in accordance to the guidelines defined by the Head Office.
• Developed and consolidated Maersk’s market share from Portugal to Africa, mainly Angola.
• As key account, managed the top 10 customers in Lisbon and secured significant volumes of containers
Commercial and Marketing Director for Maersk- Angola
Maersk Line March 1998 - June 2000• Promote Maersk Line in Angola and the new service
• Visit and approach customers and secure their nomination to use our line
• Negotiate and develop the cooperation with the local institutions (Port Authority, Customs)
Maersk Line January 1995 - February 1998Worked in sales, pricing and market development in the shipping and logistics industry. I was involved in all trades with an emphasis on the Mediterranean and West African markets. Visited the Maersk offices in Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, India and Pakistan in order to promote cargo flows to and form these countries to Portugal.
Managerial Logistics Systems
Instituto Superior de Transportes
2000 - 2001
(1 year) Lisboa