I have experience in Trade Marketing, developing and executing territorial trade marketing plans, achieving brand volume and sales objectives to achieve a competitive advantage. I also have skills in managing a team to deliver high-performance results through mentoring, coaching and training.
Business Development Manager
at Rama DBK Japan
August 2016 - at Present
• Leads builds and coordinates business and proposal development process including development and delivery, opportunity identification, tracking, and pipeline management • Continuous training and mentoring of team members to enhance collecting, collating and knowledge sharing with a focus on business improvement and winning new business. • Promotes company branding by focusing on networking and research. Maintains an excellent and responsive relationship with clients to ensure positive company branding and positioning. • Develops and demonstrates subject matter expertise on services and acts as a trusted advisor to our clients. • Engages key consultants to support the completion of the work. • Travel as travel is required to promote successful growth and service delivery of the company.
Territory Management Representative
at East African Breweries Limited
November 2012 - July 2016
• Developed and implemented a territory trade marketing plan which met the objectives of the area trade marketing plan in the areas of brand, volume, merchandising and promotion. • Implemented promotions, developed and executed merchandising programs at POS with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the strategic brands. • Provided market information and reports on the performance of customers, brands, and competition to aid the marketing executive in decision making. • Built loyalty by providing support to the traders through regular visits, accurate communication, problem-solving, specialized advice, and fair-trade. • Ensured that the territory distribution objectives of brand availability, stock holding, and stock rotation were achieved. • Constantly monitored the achievement of yearly objectives through accurate reporting and feedback.
Key Accounts Executive
at Unga Farm Care (EA) Limited
September 2011 - October 2012
• Worked with distributors in designated territories to achieve the agreed company targets. • Reviewed with the distributors on a regular basis the performance on route service delivery and sales performance adjusting where necessary. • Ensured that the distributor loaded all the agreed key products and the right amounts to meet each route's sales demands. • Conducted training for distributors and stockiest sales teams, holding regular meetings to ensure alignment of UFCEA objectives with those of distributors. • Continually carried out market analysis and market intelligence for routes visits frequently making adjustments in product loaded for each route. • Ensured that all sales routes sales, other sales data and performance parameters were documented, collated and presented to help in the performance review
at Gap Marketing
November 2009 - September 2011
• Implemented focused TM and D field force operational plans to achieve the desired market (distributor, trade, and consumer) impact. • Monitored volume and market impact on the trader and consumers. • Made regular field visits for market research. • Worked closely with key stakeholders to deliver commercial objectives in a socially responsible manner. • Upheld the Company Guiding Principles. • Represented the area manager in their absence, overseeing the operations and facilitating the enforcement of workplace policies and practices. • Managing the assigned team to deliver sales fo the client.
Regional Team leader
at Professional Marketing Services
June 2007 - May 2009
• Created and managed relationships with market players. • Managed the gathering of Market Intelligence. • Addressed customer suggestions/ complaints (business opportunities) • Formulated and implemented the most appropriate business strategy. • Couching, mentoring and motivation the regional team. • Compiling the regional report. • Implemented the client's KPIs on the ground.
at Mt Kenya University
2017 - 2019 (2 years) Nairobi
Knowledge and keywords