WUVI September 2015 - May 2016Served as a student manager for the University of the Virgin Island's Student Run radio station, WUVI. The student news director is directly responsible for producing the station's daily news product for broadcast at 6pm. As the news director, I was responsible for writing and producing radio packages and news content from live events on campus, local, regional and international news briefs.
On air Announcer/ Reporter
ZIZ Broadcasting Corporation December 2013 - January 2016Worked as a journalist for ZBC through a three year attachment program during semester recessions.
Authored, voiced, and presented 2-3 local, regional, and international news packages for web, radio and television resulting in timely production of daily newscast
● Conducted 20-25 on-site interviews with entertainment, sports, and political figures including Kevin Pietersen and Tessane Chin creating content for station’s daily newscast and sports television show
● Co-hosted season of entertainment show Sugar Madness focusing on St. Kitts Music Festival increasing viewers between ages 16-25 to the station
● Provided live commentary on National Carnival New Year’s Day Parade, National Carnival Talented Teen Pageant and Soca Monarch Competition increasing listeners between ages 16-25 to the station
Congressional News Intern
Talk Radio News Service June 2015 - August 2015A summer internship spent on Capitol Hill as a reporter preparing news briefs for distribution on 400 talk radio stations across the United States.
● Attended and reported on daily Congressional, White House, and Pentagon press briefings, and hearings
● Authored 2-3 daily news articles for web and radio on political issues on and around Capitol Hill
● Investigated leads, researched and produced news stories related to presidential election 2016 campaign
● Interviewed congressional representatives including Charles Rangel (D-NY) and produced radio packages
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
University of the Virgin Islands
2013 - 2016
(3 years) Saint Thomas Island