at Grant Thornton
October 2019 - at Present
• Preparing corporate tax computations and estimate of tax payable from various industries and ensuring timely submission of the returns to the tax authorities. • Review tax computations and estimate of tax payable for junior staff and identify tax issues based on various taxation statutes. • Advising, providing guidance and supervise junior staffs on tax technical, compliance and administrative matters for domestic and cross-border tax. • Assist and advise clients on compliance requirements. • Research and provide tax advisory services for corporate clients. • Advising and assisting corporate clients on the application of tax incentives to the relevant authorities. • Performing tax due diligence analysis and report. • Provide in house training to tax and non-tax staffs.
at PricewaterHouseCooper Singapore
November 2018 - September 2019
• Assisting managers and partners in providing comprehensive and effective tax compliance and advisory services to corporate clients in the financial services industry; • Preparation and review of corporate tax returns and assisting clients in dispute; resolutions and enquiries from the tax authority • Provision of tax advice and tax solutions under management guidance; • Providing guidance to associates on the preparation income tax returns, estimate of chargeable income filing and adhoc advisory work; • Liaising with internal and external auditors on tax provision and other tax related matters; • Conduct risk management procedure on existing and potential clients.
at International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation
November 2016 - October 2018
• Research and writing on various Asian and Pacific Island on tax law and international tax law for IBFD publications. • Research and writing commentary articles relating to Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) and tax treaties. • Monitoring and reporting on tax, investment and company law and social security developments in countries of responsibility. • Editing and technical review of the content of IBFD publications, research reports, and any other tax technical material. • Provide occasional support to other departments of IBFD, e.g. the International Tax Training and the Government Consultancy Department.
at Astro Group Services Sdn Bhd
November 2015 - October 2016
• Preparation and submission of corporate tax computation, tax estimation, tax provision and other general tax compliance matters and ensure compliance to rules and regulations. • Preparation of tax provisions and deferred tax for quarterly reporting purposes. • Review of Goods and Services Tax postings by finance department and ensure compliance of GST transactions and review of GST-03 submissions. • Advising and approving company's invoices in relation to withholding tax matters. • Review of Intercompany & external parties agreements for tax implications e.g. income tax, withholding tax, Goods and Services Tax, etc. • Seeking tax finalisation/ agreement with the tax authorities on the tax affairs of company. • Assisting the AVP/SAVP in respect of tax audits conducted by the tax authorities.
at Wolters Kluwer
October 2014 - November 2015
• Writing and editing tax content using a variety of sources. • Involved in the preparation of quality tax reference materials. • Duties include editing, proofreading, preparing translations, checking tables and indexes e.g. books and loose-leaf and liaising with authors. • Ensure that developments in the law are monitored. Assist other team members as required. • Manage authors and/or suppliers, including contract negotiations, ongoing author support, ensuring on-time delivery of manuscript/content and following up on quality issues. • List of edited books include Singapore Revenue Legislation 2015, Singapore Income Tax Act (9th Edition) 2015 and Malaysia Master GST Guide 2015 (2nd Edition)
Tax Semi Senior
at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
November 2012 - October 2014
• Perform tax compliance services to various corporate clients from various industries, trust, small business owners, individuals and expatriates clients. • Research and provide tax advisory services for corporate and individuals clients. • Monitor tax payment, tax refund and set-off, estimate of tax payable and tax incentive claims. • Liaise with government authorities to follow up on compliance matters, application and appeal on tax related matters. • Liaising with internal and external auditors on tax concurrence and other tax related matters. • Conduct risk management procedure on existing and potential clients. • Assist liquidators on company winding up and obtaining tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Board. • Sourcing for new opportunities (tax or non-tax services) through existing client and referrals.
Bachelor of Commerce, Major in Accounting
at Murdoch University
2009 - 2012 (3 years) State of Western Australia