My expertise in Transport Management and Operations Management has allowed me to identify, plan, and deliver initiatives that increased profits while simultaneously reducing costs. I am respected by staff as a motivator, and visionary able to build loyal and service-focused teams.
at Mastermind Tobacco (K) Limited.
January 2018 - at Present
.• Manage fleet availability to meet all distribution requests by scheduling, forecasting and operate current using trends. • Arrange fleet and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedule distribution planning. • Administer tracking of fleet by using GPS devices and reporting fleet routes. • Lead corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives. • Administer and perform fleet registration, insurance and documentation regarding induction of new vehicles in existing fleet. • Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local rules and regulations. • Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain fleet by advocating best practices in industry. • Prepare and control unit budget, direct recording of expenses, and analyze purchase and repair costs to control expenditures. • Obtain vehicle and equipment replacement costs and prepares specifications for purchase of new vehicles and equipment.
Transport $ Logistics Manager
at Greyhound Travels Solutions.
August 2016 - December 2017
• Prepares and analyses regular forecasts and reports • Responsible for having all the fleet legal documentation up and running • Ensures monitoring of vehicles are under GPS tracking system and properly managed • Monitors the service standard of our contracted transportation service provider • Constantly develops, reviews, refines and refreshes training materials for all positions within transportation section • Rosters drivers according to anticipated demands • Schedules and assigns Team Members breaktime • Coordinates vehicle repairs, cleaning and refueling • Inspects vehicles for cleanliness, inside and out; ensuring that drivers rectify any deficiencies • Maintains log of fuel consumption and refilling of vehicles • Ensures Drivers knowledge of Hotel facilities and services • Documents and reports all vehicles transaction/incident and accident reports. • Resolves guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction with our transfer services
at Africabs Tours Limited.
February 2014 - July 2016
• Coordinates the interface between transportation functions such as logistics, maintenance and Hotels to ensure efficient, timely, and cost effective support to the customer. • Administration of spares acquisition and dispatch to all company vehicles. • Analysis of transport costs and reporting on all variances for remedial action. • Ensure the security of motor vehicles in all company operations including fitting of security devices. • Ensure all motor vehicles comply with statutory requirements • Scheduling of the vehicles and assigning transfers to drivers and controllers. • General transport administration. • Advice management on the appropriate number of vehicles required at all times. • Ensure that the company fleet is maintained to the level that meets more than statutory requirements. • To manage daily process of fueling vehicles to ensure that they are prepared for the journey to pick/drop Hotel guests.
at Kephys Kenya Limited
August 2010 - December 2013
• Managing, monitoring and developing the transport team to achieve the objective of the company. • Assisting with the preparation of the transport budget and in charge of maintaining the profit and loss account of the department • Responsible for all the dispatching, routing and tracking of delivery vehicles for quick turnaround • Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures • Identifying operational issues, potential problems, opportunities and devising sustainable strategies to address them • Appraising staff performance and taking disciplinary measures when required • Responsible for all HSE investigations and implementing corrective and preventive actions • Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the transportation operations • Conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures
Regional Transport Manager
at Akamba Public Road Services Ltd
December 2005 - May 2009
• Identify training needs of the driver/Workshop Team and propose the necessary training required to bridge the gaps for better efficiency. • Preparing consolidated monthly fleet expenses reports for all vehicles and following up with sub branch offices for buses operations reports • Planning daily schedule of vehicles/drivers to various routes. • Ensuring Collection and banking of both parcels and booking daily cash collections. • Controlling and ensuring proper spending of petty cash for the entire regional offices.
at Akamba Public Road Services Limited
August 2005 - December 2005
• Preparation and proper maintenance of regional records • Prompt preparation of Mid-month and monthly returns reports for courier section. • Deputizing the Manager in his absence and assisting him in branch operations. • Appraising the soundness and efficiency of all system of issuing letter/parcels to dear customers and daily passengers’ bookings. • Assisting in daily preparation of returns both from courier and booking sections. • Identifying effective and innovative solutions to customer’s practical problems; e.g. claims of failure delivery and those left behind by the bus. • Liaising with Manager to ensure timely submission of monthly financial reports of the branch. • Support coordination, sorting and recording letters/parcels before commencing issuing process. • Solving customer’s problems concerning their parcels in case of failure collection and ensuring that it’s returned to sender safely
Quality Customer Care and Service-Certificate.
at Consultants for Effective Training
2006 - 2006 (1 year) Kisumu
ISO. 1900-2000 Certification Programmes
at Millennium Management Consultants),
2006 - 2006 (1 year) Nairobi
Bachelor of Science (Mathematic-Statistic option)
at Kenyatta University
2000 - 2004 (4 years) Nairobi
Knowledge and keywords