eGov Jamaica Limited January 2015 - at PresentResponsible for supporting the Government of Jamaica's Local and Wide Area Networks across multiple sites island-wide
- Provide LAN/WAN support for Government Data Centers and Disaster Recovery sites
- Provide installation and troubleshooting of hardware and software for networking devices and systems.
- Monitor, evaluate, and resolve issues involving network hardware/software applications or service performance.
- Aided in the design of MPLS Network for the Government of Jamaica (GovNet).
- Conduct system upgrades, expansions, and equipment exchange.
- Optimizing existing LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- Review new technology and upgrades; make recommendations to senior management on the future direction of data and voice communication networks.
- Perform cable routing and termination, network equipment installation and configuration.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate technical meetings/discussions.
Montego Bay Community College August 2013 - December 2014Duties;
- Manage day to day IT operations of the College’s Main & Branch Campuses.
- Lead engineer in data network infrastructure upgrade for main and branch sites, hosting over two thousand (2000) end users.
- IT Policy Implementation governing IT operations.
- Lead engineer in the implementation of campus WLAN facilitating end-user device roaming.
- Management of IT personnel & inventory for both College campuses.
- Administration of Network and Server Infrastructure.
- Conducted Network Infrastructure upgrades supporting Unified Communications.
- Project Manager for the implementation of VoIP PBX system.
- Implementation of a five year IT Strategic Plan for the College.
- Responsibility for IT department annual budgeting and procurement.
- Project Manager for the upgrade of the College’s Student Management System (SMS).
- Network Security Policy planning and enforcement.
K&O Global April 2004 - January 2008Duties;
- Configuration of main and branch office networking equipment.
- Participated in complete IT system builds, upgrades, migrations, deployments and patch management.
- Provided End-User training for software applications.
- Installing and configuring computer systems using different build technologies.
- Perform routine backups of files to assist with disaster recovery.
- Escalating and identification of any critical issues.
- Analyze user support statistics/data and recommending appropriate measures.
- Managed procurement for the acquisition of data networking equipment.