Senior manager with +14 years of experience in industries such as engineering, IT, telecom and insurance with a successful track record of delivering projects, transformation exercises, customer experience, leadership and operations. Passionate about people, servicing clients and project management.
Head Business Services Asia Pacific
Swiss Re International SE, Singpaore Branch July 2014 - July 2015Manage day-to-day operations in order to properly support Underwriters and brokers whilst compliant with company's guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and local regulatory acts. Monitor and control workload to ensure the right capacity to support the business. Conduct internal audit process from the business side. Mapping and improvement of process E2E. Define and implement projects to improve and align operations to the Target Operating Model. Liaising with various enabling functions and offshore teams on a global scale. Close cooperation with NA and EMEA regions. Develop and grow people. Achievements:
● Very good Internal audit rating of B1 (scale: A1 to D4);
● Successful implementation of the Underwriter Improvement Project (UWIP) aligning APAC region to the global Target Operating Model;
● Teamwork with the OPEX team to create the Operational Controls Framework to ensure adherence to guidelines, SOPs and local regulatory acts across APAC.
Head Business Services Brazil
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Brazil April 2012 - July 2014Manage daily operations routine to give Underwriters and brokers the appropriate support. Global collaboration to define and implement transformation initiatives. Establishment and implementation of the KPI framework bringing transparency to the operations. Develop and grow people by reinforce training and teamwork. Collaboration with Head Business Services NA to build a Staffing Model to support the FTE growth decision-making process. File review and classification according to company's standards. Making the operation sustainable and consistent by creating Standard Operational Procedures and mapping of all process E2E. Achievements:
● Overall client satisfaction rating above 90% during 2013 Business Services survey;
● Effective implementation of the 'The One' project which transformed the department into a more client centric and lean function;
● Recognition award for participation in the Career Alignment global project.
Grupo Segurador BB&Mapfre August 2009 - April 2012Ensure consistency and efficiency by managing day-to-day operations whilst operating under guidelines and local regulatory circulars. Liaising with distribution channels to collect feedback and improve relationship. Participation in many projects to set up new products and improve underwriting systems. Team size of 25 FTEs plus several contractors for risk inspection matters. Achievements:
• Development of key performance indicators to support operation steering;
• ISO 9001 recertification process successfully concluded;
• Enhancement of automatic underwriting platform by reducing UW referrals and increasing of speed to market.
Senior IT Business Analyst
Grupo Segurador BB&Mapfre February 2008 - August 2009Teamwork to set up of the IT Project Management Office by implementing of project management best practices. Liaise with business units, enabling functions, IT and external IT vendors in order to assertively collect requirements. Periodic meetings with stakeholders to follow up on project performance as well as on quality of deliverables in order to have acceptance from the clients. Achievements:
• Establishment of the Project Management framework covering processes from initiation to closure/client acceptance;
• Creation of templates, guidelines and SOPs according to the company’s culture and clients’ needs;
• Implementation of Earned Value analysis in order to keep track on performance, mainly cost and schedule.
Senior Project Manager
Algar Telecom June 2007 - February 2008Planning, execution and delivery of several small to mid-size telecom projects such as Clear Channels, MPLS networks, VoIP etc. Managing clients’ expectations by ensuring correct scope, its deliverables and timeline. Interaction with virtual teams in order to realize projects.
iVirtua Solutions November 2006 - June 2007Support management to structure the Project Management department. Six months project to set up the Trauma Zer0 software suite in the largest Brazilian sanitation company (SABESP – Water and Sanitation Company of Sao Paulo). Achievements:
• Successfully implementation of the software in more than 12 thousand workstations.
Fundação Instituto de Terras do Estado de São Paulo November 2001 - November 2006Responsible for leading a few land regularization projects aiming for the Land Ownership and Urban Regulations initiative in the state of São Paulo. Lead 3 years project to change the Computer Aided Design tool, including development of new tools to perform tasks in an automatic fashion. Achievements:
• MicroStation project was recognized and awarded as the best project of 2005.
MBA - Re/Insurance
Trevisan Escola de Negócios
2009 - 2011
( years) São Paulo
Project Management Professional - PMP
Project Management Institute - PMI
2007 - 2007
( years) São Paulo
MBA - Project Management
Fundação Getúlio Vargas
2003 - 2006
( years) São Paulo
Faculdade de Engenharia de Minas Gerais
1996 - 2001
( years) Minas Gerais