Seek to work in an environment that will challenge me further; while allowing me to
contribute to the continued growth and success of the organization.
Obtain a position that will provide me the ability to apply my sales, events and work
experience to a growing industry.
Sofitel the Palm Resort & Spa, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai November 2014 - at PresentResponsibilities as an Events Executive:
October 2014 – Present October 2013 – October 2014
￼• Represent the Hotel at various functions and meetings as necessary. !
• Complete organization of conference, corporate, major events and social events from
confirmation to post-event follow-up in order to ensure client satisfaction.!
• Act as the client’s special contact, their “go-to person”, taking charge of the client
from start to finish of each individual event.!
• To meet with the dedicated Event Floor Manager prior to the event, to run through the
• To greet the client on arrival and runs through the meeting Event Order with the
client. Communicates any changes to the dedicated Event Floor Manager.
• Anticipate any changes to the event timetable and communicate this to the Operations/Kitchens/Conference & Events Sales Department.!
• Complete Business Objectives as set by Assistant Conference & Events Operations Manager/Conference & Events Operations Manager!
Preparation and follow-up of conference, corporate and social function proposals, tailored to specifically meet the needs of each client.
Co-ordination and hosting of site inspection activity including follow-up. Qualify prospective leads as to profitability.
Develop close relationships with Other Hotels, Hotel suppliers and contractors and all event clients, past, present and future.
To promote and sell the services offered by the Hotel (restaurants and bars) and available through the hotel (tours, cruises, cars etc)
Management Trainee Event Organiser and Coordinator
Soluxe Hotel, Guangzhou, China November 2012 - July 2013Responsibilites:
• Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements
• Producing detailed proposals (timelines, suppliers, staffing and budgets)
• Managing budgets and ensuring a venue/location
• Planning and organising events from start to finish in accordance with client’s
• Coordinating contractors, caterers, equipment hire
• Promoting the event