at The Hive Global / eThirteen
September 2017 - at Present
• Management: - Implemented weekly / monthly managerial meeting among all managers (sales, R&D, sales operations, supply chain, etc) to improve the efficacy of the operations. • Budgeting/Forecasting and Working Capital Management: - Worked one-on-one with the global sales director on sales results analysis, sales trends, and forecast. - Led the hundreds of million NTD budgetary effort and reviews annually across all subsidiaries. - Led bi-annual inventory audits and reviews. - Implemented a sophisticated cash-model to accurately forecast million NTD payments and receipts in order to take actions early for risk-mitigation. - Worked with customers, suppliers, & sales to improve working capital. • Accounting & Reporting: - Created models of the financial statements (forecasts & actuals) to improve forecasting preparation. - Created pay-back period / NPV capital spend analysis (such as a CNC or a fatigue machine).
Principle Financial Analysist
April 2015 - June 2017
• Monthly Financial Reporting: Managed the reporting of financial statements (forecasting and actuals) from the Peoplesoft and Hyperion OLAP system. Work with the private equity investor in reporting results. • Working Capital Mangement: Managed US based cash as assigned personally by the CFO and reintroduced a more accurate daily cash model on US liquidity taking into consideration of the credit revolver facility. • Budgetary and Merit/Promotion: Reintroduced improved Excel VBA models and processed hundred annual budget files. Reduced turnaround time of inputs into outputs to two-hours from two weeks. • Head Analysis: Worked with the Vice President of Accounting to plan reduction in headcounts by 10%. • OpEx Review: Worked with engineering and sales departments to discuss budgeted cost control.
Senior Financial Project Analyst
at DirecTV (AT&T)
April 2013 - April 2015
• Financial Management: Personally assigned to analyze management of $150 M portfolio of US entertainment technology projects with the help of two business analysts I hired, and $30 M for the Latin American region. • Project Management Review: Lead bi-weekly meetings with managers & directors to review costs and labor hours with engineering and project management. Report to the senior director and the vice president of PMO. • Capitalization Forecasting: Collaborated with operational finance team and project managers to forecast the overall USA portfolio of $250 M annually, analyzing burn-rate based on dollars and labor hours. • Labor Rates: Periodically took initiative to re-evaluate hourly rates used in CAPEX projects within seven engineering departments and implemented the new rates for forecasting and budgeting. In comparison to rates prior to joining, improved accuracy for calculating 800 engineering heads and 1200 contractors.
Principle Financial Analyst
June 2010 - April 2013
• Inventory / Supply Management: Collaborate with engineering, supply chain, and accounting to uncover about $30M USD of obsolete and discontinued-but-usable inventory and successfully created an accurate list of all inventory parts. Offered a senior parts-management manager position for managing parts accurately. • Financial Procurement Management: Worked with the Program Manager on sales-proposals using ROI/NPV models to sell large equipment items to customers. • Project Analysis: Assist project and program managers in Estimation-to-Completion (ETC) of project.
at US Navy
September 2002 - September 2010
• Graduated first in my class at the Supply Corps School • Awarded a bronze medal (MSM) for being the 1st of five officers to complete an initiative by the US General, initiating defensive protection for Afghan police, and distributing provisions, equipment, and weapons.
Industrial Engineering Supervisor
September 2005 - July 2009
• Early promotion to supervisor within 11 months of work. • Implemented new operations across Northern, Central California to reduce $300k USD due to fuel price (2006). • Due to the recession (2008-2009), reduced union headcounts by $460,000 for my area of responsibility. • Improved forecasting error for my area from previously 10% to 5% average which affects 400 union workers.
at University of Southern California
2009 - 2011 (2 years) California
Master of Engineering
at Cornell University
2000 - 2001 (1 year) New York
Bachelor in Engineering Physics
at Cornell University
1996 - 2000 (4 years) New York