Diversified and extensive 18 years plus experience Textile Graduate, with a focus on Learning & Implementing End-to-End Supply Chain best practices in different retail and garment manufacturing firms; have core expertise in procurement, production planning, and operations management.
at Rajby Industries
January 2019 - at Present
GM Purchase January 2019 to Present Responsible for all the purchases of Raw Material and supply chain process development system in new ORACLE ERP. Few Major Achievements and Strengths include: • Training and development of whole supply chain comprised of planning, purchase and warehouse teams, emphasizing the value in whole chain and linking the KPIs of each team to centralized objective. • Designed the complete supply chain processes along with KPIs for both upstream (buyers) and downstream tiers. • Key member of ERP implementation and re-organizing individual processes for continuous improvements.
GM SUPPLY CHAIN
at ALKARAM STUDIO
February 2018 - December 2018
Alkaram has 48 self-owned outlets and a strong 3PL distribution channel covering hundreds of shops all over Pakistan with more than PKR 5 billion turnovers. It primarily focuses on Ladieswear ethnic garments, Kids and unstitched articles. Responsible for all the processes from design creation to the finished good arrival to the outlets. It includes Product Development, Procurement, Merchandising, Stitching, and Warehousing & Distribution. Few Major Achievements and Strengths include: • Purchases of all the raw materials, including all types of greige and finished fabric. • Restructuring of the departments to incorporate end-to-end planning for the smooth flow of products as per the annual plan to meet the planned sales and assortments. • Key member of the Implementation of new ERP (MDX) at retail.
SENIOR GM SUPPLY CHAIN
at BEXIMCO TEXTILES
May 2013 - January 2018
Beximco has USD $350 Million Annual Turnover and is One of the biggest Vertical Garment and Fashion Retail Industry in South East Asia from fiber to Fashions. Responsible for planning, procurement and material management of all direct materials which includes yarn, fabrics, dyes and chemicals, and all trims and accessories. Managing annual spend of around USD $220 Million and maintaining above a hundred suppliers all over the world by a trained and dedicated team of 22 members in sourcing and 6 members in fabric planning. Few Major Achievements and Strengths include: • Reorganized the P2P cycle and minimize the risks of pilferages. Reduced process flow of information, operations and funds management. • Drafted the vendor selection criterion and its performance scorecard, analyzed the deviations by cause and effect methodology and helped to implement corrective actions to reduce future occurrences.
MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN
at ARTISTIC MILLINERS
June 2012 - May 2013
An Export Oriented Denim Textile Mill, catering to the prime customers like Gap, Zara, H&M, Mango and others Responsible for procurement of all direct as well as indirect materials, warehouses, and material management. Managed end to end supply chain management starting from S & OP to final finished delivery of Goods. Managed spend of USD 115 Million per annum. • Built strong and dedicated teams of Procurement, Import, and commercial, Inventory and Production Planning departments by developing a system of Supply chain value analysis • Reduced overall average inventory cost by more than 8% by implementing lean management principles. Done primarily by managing the risks as reducing the minimum stock quantity of easily available, expensive goods. • Established Supplier Performance Measurement System and categorized suppliers on the same basis. Educated suppliers to learn and implement Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies.
MANAGER PRODUCTION PLANNING & PROCUREMENT
at GUL AHMED TEXTILE MILLS
December 2006 - June 2012
US$ 300 Million Annual Turnover which is comprised of Exports to International Brands like IKEA, Carrefour, Marks & Spencer, Wall-Mart, Tesco, Next. Major Achievements and Strengths include: • Reduced COGS by 12%, by reducing finished goods inventory up to 5 %, work in progress inventory by 8% and raw material inventory up to 18%. • Successfully maintained the Perfect order fulfillment rate to 97% and growth rate by 6%. • Successfully developed and grew sourcing opportunities while keeping optimal supplier base by long term continuous contracts that lead to $1 million-plus annual benefit out of direct procurement of $80 million per annum. • Designed all the Supply chain process including purchase and inventory management when upgrading the ERP from IBM AS400 to EBS Oracle R 12.1
MANAGER PRODUCTION PLANNING & INVENTORY
at AL ABID SILK MILLS
May 2002 - October 2006
• Designed, implemented and managed complete, Order placement system and Inventory Control System. • Created and trained a team of diverse background which ran the warehouse, quality and planning departments under my supervision. • Led efforts to improve on-time delivery to 96%, from 90% industry average. • Designed the reports to measure the performance of procurement activities, follow-ups, and customers’ order tracking and status to reduce lead time and to find the areas to improve the delivery and customer satisfaction.
2010 - 2010 (1 year)
at INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2008 - 2010 (2 years) Sindh
at TEXTILE INSTITUTE OF PAKISTAN
1998 - 2002 (4 years) Sindh
sourcing/Supply chain management
• Strategic Sourcing/Procurement: Managed all direct materials which include yarn, fabrics (woven, denim, knits, and outerwear) trims and D&C for more than 400 types of different styles of garments (6 million pcs per month). These garments include Sportswear, Denim, Woven, Y/D, Knitted and other types at BEXIMCO. Complete understanding of cost break-down from retail price to COG
Purchased the finished woven and knitted different kinds of garments for Ladies and Kids Wear for one of the biggest Retails in Pakistan.
• Business Development: Ensuring the targeted FOBs (derived from Retail Prices) and deliveries are met and develop the product accordingly.
• Demand & Supply Management: Ensuring material, funds, and information flows both up and down streams for different production lines and factories. Applied the LEAN practices throughout the supply chain.
• Production Planning: Finalizing “make or buy” decisions and aligning the production scheduling and material resource planning for factories.
• Financial Cost & Analysis: Responsible for Total Cost of Ownership, meeting targeted profits and also for finding creative ways to reduce costs.
• Logistics and Imports Management: Maintained the flow of materials from more than 14 countries by using all moods of transports at BEXIMCO. At Alkaram maintaining the distribution and replenishment with the right assortment.
• Inventory & Warehouse Management: Applying Lean Principles to manage better ROI and inventory turnovers.
Knowledge and keywords