Descrição da vaga
- Sem Experiência
- Sem estudos
- Pretensão salarial
- São Paulo
* Please apply with a CV in English *
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 81,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb is seeking an exceptional, qualified, attorney to be in house counsel in our Sao Paulo based office. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel Latin America, you will be responsible for advising Airbnb’s innovative business for Brazil and support certain functions of our Public Policy team in Latin America. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to quickly ramp-up, learn new areas of law, and independently function in a demanding fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity, fast-pace, and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and poise.
- General legal support for various aspects of the Brazil businesses, in particular, providing regulatory, compliance and general commercial (including contracts) advice and support across a wide range of areas including business development, marketing, consumer rights, e-commerce, employment, privacy, dispute resolution and industry-specific regulations.
- Support functions of the Public Policy team, as necessary.
- Effectively collaborate with international colleagues, whether in LATAM or in the US, to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances domestic needs and global perspectives.
- Help design, implement and iterate legal department and compliance processes to keep up with our hyper-growth, with a particular view towards addressing local concerns.
- Qualification to practice law in Brazil with strong academic credentials.
- At least 12 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English is essential. Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience navigating highly ambiguous environments.
- Proven ability in managing governmental inquiries and conducting contracts negotiations with governments.
- Proven direct and relevant experience on Privacy Law in Brazil (knowledge on new LGPD), litigation on civil and regulatory matters, as well as consumer litigation.
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Some international travel required.
- Driven, high integrity, self-starting, adaptable, excellent judgment and love for adventure and fun.
- Proven track record of quickly learning completely new areas of law and advising on them competently.
- Highly collaborative person who supports their colleagues and wants to win as a team, and by putting the company’s best interests first.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Top performer with high integrity and a proven ability to function independently while exercising good judgment on when to seek guidance and/or calibrate with management on risk tolerance.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Sobre a empresa
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.