AIC International Colour Associationwww.aic-colour.org
History of the AIC
AIC foundation: June 21, 1967, in Washington DC, USA,
during the 16th Session of the CIE
(Commission Internationale de l’Éclairage)
AIC foundation document signed in Washington
by eight national color associations:
● USA - Inter-Society Color Council (Deane B. Judd)
● France - Centre d’Information de la Couleur (Yves LeGrand)
● Great Britain - The Colour Group (Robert W. G. Hunt)
● Spain - Comité Español del Color (Lorenzo Plaza)
● Sweden - Swedish Colour Group (Gunnar Tonnquist)
● Switzerland - pro/colore (Ernst Ganz)
● Japan - Color Science Association of Japan (T. Fukuda)
● Netherlands - Nederlandse Vereniging voor Kleurenstudie (J. L. Ouweltjes)
In Finland :
Suomen väriyhdistys, the Finnish Colour Association, was founded at the University of Art of Design Helsinki on the 24th September 2002. FCA is a member of the International Colour Association AIC.
The purpose of the association is to maintain collaboration and exchange of ideas between professionals in the field of colour, to further colour research and education and to promote good use of colour. The association organises courses, symposia, conferences and excursions to colourful places as well as collaborating with other colour organisations in Finland and abroad. Through its internet site www.colour.fi
the association disseminates information about current Finnish and foreign colour events and publications about colour. The main language of the association is Finnish.
The association welcomes as members all persons whose involvement in colour is of a professional nature. Also students and corporate members, such as registered associations and companies, are welcome to join.