What do you think...
A complaint was made on saturday to the Oak bay police about Cameron's image that was in the window
The police did show up and questioned Arlene who was sitting at the time. We were not asked to remove the picture. But we were told that we may hear from the Oak Bay Business Association.
... the offending piece
- 06/03/2016 #69Cameron A Kuntz#68 when the body is filling the frame and close cropped it presents a dynamic image. Like mine there is a breast exposed and the pose itself suggests frailty. As an image itself, without context and the fact that this is a female,, I think it would more easily accepted and not seen as being obscene.Reply
- 03/03/2016 #62Cameron A Kuntz#61 Fabienne, you have the essence of not only this poem but the other works in the show. Nakedness exposes our fragility and this vulnerability make us want to hide, yet our soul at the same time expresses itself through our physicality. So yes there is a dichotomy between the soul's creative expression and who we think we are in the world–as you say invincibility vs invisibility.Reply
- 03/03/2016 #61Le Corvaisier Fabienne#54 Well Cam, If I understand (but do I?) you seem to consider his eyeless nudity like a kind of fragility (acceptance of human fragility) - and in the same time like a kind of mask, a way forbe coming invisible and somehow invincible. For we can see what can be seen (body), but not what is hidden (soul) Am I right? I hope so, for it's near my own conception.Reply
- 03/03/2016 #56Tiina Holli#48 because I have not yet seen so much French here does not mean, that here would not be French speakers in some hive ( hive is a group ). But it occured to me taht now that we have this platform and it is allowed to establish own hives, then why not use this opportunity ? Any of us can create a portfolio -hive, or a blog post -hve, or search for native language friends in a hive. I am thinking about collecting some of my blog posts in a new hive I will create.Reply
- 03/03/2016 #54Cameron A Kuntz#53 Fab, here's the poem again. Thanks for asking :-).....You Cannot See MeReply
time has stretched itself thin
as I am stretched thin and lie in wait
where have they gone?
the darkness that once hid me
from judgemental eyes?
the warmth that used to touch
this white skin?
I am now exposed
cold and fragile
hiding my eyes I turn
from the seeking light
caress my own self
the warmth of carnal fingertips
and sheltering darkness
send the monsters running
I return to my own thoughts
you cannot see me
© Cameron Kuntz 2016