Pfizer abandons $160bn Allergan deal
www.devere-group.com US pharmaceutical company Pfizer has binned a scheduled merger with Ireland's Allergan over plans to change US tax...
- 14/04/2016 #8James Clappison#7 Couldnt agree more, nobody saw Farage being our representative at the EU parliament on the vote, i think lesson learnt and people will turn out to vote, for the farage vote i think voters were more incentivised to vote if they wanted out of the EU, lets hope that changes this time!Reply
- 14/04/2016 #7James McElearney#5 Absolutely, couldn't have said it better myself, my biggest fear though is that not enough people will turn out to vote, the polls are very close as it stands. This is the biggest decision our generation has faced and one that i think will heavily impact the future of the UK. I agree, I don't think it will happen, but I would prepare yourself just incaseReply
- 14/04/2016 #5James Clappison#4 Cant see us leaving the EU tbh, its only the daily mail primitives blaming immigrants for their pitfalls that want to leave, or those who dont understand money creation and then complain that it 'costs us too much' to be in Europe. The British aren't too partial to change ;) and tbh, if we left Europe the Scottish would like want another referendum, the Welsh would likely also pressure for similar.Reply
- 13/04/2016 #4James McElearney#3 We do have a large client base within the Pharma Industry but have no ties to the industry itself. I think it is going to be interesting to see what happens with the outcome of the Brexit in June, as i think the Irish may follow the UK out of the EU should we decide to leave, and if that happens Industries like the Pharma business will take a large hit, as these rely heavily on the free movement of workers. However, if we don´t I think Ireland has a good chance of over taking Germany as the main hub for Europe.Reply
- 06/04/2016 #2James McElearneyJames, Thanks for the comment, Ireland does seem to be fast becoming the Pharmacueticals main hub especially in Europe. So far Ireland has over 30 FDA approved pharma / biopharma plants and a growing number of investors are looking into the move. As it stands currently 8 the top 10 global pharma and biopharma companies have integrated manufacturing operations in Ireland. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.Reply