Buzzes of Humans, Nature and Creativity
- 14/09/2017Phil Friedman and the Port Royal Group have reactivated their HURRICAN HELP CENTER to aid yacht and boat owners in the wake of Hurricane Irma. We have 30 years experience and can usually facilitate timely resolutions. In the U.S. and the Caribbean. Call or text 1.954.224.2145. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please share and tweet this notice to get the message out. Thanks.
- Producer09/09/2017“Holy Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat Hot Peppers!-This Year’s Harvest”I’ve been growing my own hot peppers for a few years now and usually yield enough that once dried last me through the winter until the following year’s crop. I always grow Habaneros, Scotch Bonnets, Ghost, and Jalapenos, last year I added Burning...
- 20/08/2017"The Worship of Nature"
The harp at Nature's advent strung
Has never ceased to play;
The song the stars of morning sung
Has never died away.
And prayer is made, and praise is given,
By all things near and far;
The ocean looketh up to heaven,
And mirrors every star.
Its waves are kneeling on the strand,
As kneels the human knee,
Their white locks bowing to the sand,
The priesthood of the sea!
They pour their glittering treasures forth,
Their gifts of pearl they bring,
And all the listening hills of earth
Take up the song they sing.
The green earth sends its incense up
From many a mountain shrine;
From folded leaf and dewy cup
She pours her sacred wine.
The mists above the morning rills
Rise white as wings of prayer;
The altar-curtains of the hills
Are sunset's purple air.
The winds with hymns of praise are loud,
Or low with sobs of pain, --
The thunder-organ of the cloud,
The dropping tears of rain.
With drooping head and branches crossed
The twilight forest grieves,
Or speaks with tongues of Pentecost
From all its sunlit leaves.
The blue sky is the temple's arch,
Its transept earth and air,
The music of its starry march
The chorus of a prayer.
So Nature keeps the reverent frame
With which her years began,
And all her signs and voices shame
The prayerless heart of man.
by John Greenleaf Whittier
- 01/06/2017The last fifteen minutes of the day, head on the pillow, good nights stated and its just you the pillow and soon slumber. This is that time when doubt can creep in or when sugar plumbs dance.
Within leadership you always are looking into the fog of future outcomes. Doubt or healthy doubt is a good thing. It refines our thoughts, energy and shows us the path of least resistance.
Our market is changing constantly. New ideas and budgets tend to redo the landscape every three years. Doubt coupled with courage to wade into the fog is the only answer we have.
Doubt and avoidance is the key to failure.
- 21/05/2017Ref: arxiv.org/abs/1705.03318: Long-Range Correlations and Fractal Dynamics in C. Elegans: Changes with Aging and StressHumans and nematode worms show similar changes in behaviour as they agewww.technologyreview.com Human physiology changes with age in the same way as the behavior of nematode worms. Understanding why could be a crucial clue for the science of...
- 14/05/2017When two people of different backgrounds fell in love, they were discouraged by being asked, “A bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?” (Joseph Stein) I'm glad the bird and the fish were not discouraged to find a way. See the results in this video. Thanks @Randall Burns for the link on your buzz,Tales from Paradise Pt. 4.Life - Flying Fish