July 2016 - at Present
• Analysed risk trends and customer segments, competitive offerings, price elasticity/economic trends, evaluation of structure and product offering, set pricing levels for potential and existing National Accounts customers based on historical sell side analysis and competitive market data. • Identified opportunities to maximise profitability of the product category and customer segment. • Contributed towards continuous process improvement on identifying high value customers and product pricing via developing different pricing model. • Worked closely with Sales and Finance to manage financial and non-financial KPI, whilst performed financial and statistical analysis. • Developed tools (Macro) for regional managers to manage profitability and identified factors that eroded margin.
Project Finance Analyst
September 2013 - September 2015
• Prepared project budgets for contract valued more than $ 50M, based on the project scope and delivery milestones and monitored actual progress relative to planned progress and forecasted the project performance, maintaining forecast accuracy rate at 85% average. • Handled customer account valued more than $ 200 M; measured performance of the account via key performance indicators and performed periodic industry, competitor, supplier and customer analysis. • Developed project accounting and financial management/control policies according to the delivery methods, and ensured accounting (IFRS) and cost control activities comply with the developed policies. • Supported sales team on contract negotiation/RFP in finance perspective; developed project cost estimates as required by the sales team considering project scope and life cycle, proposed price, activity based costs(OPEX), payment terms and methods, financial risk,trade terms, tax obligations and cost of capital.
February 2013 - September 2013
• Prepared corporate financial statements, includes income statement, comprehensive income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, statement of changes in equity and supplementary notes according to IFRS. Further ensured financial reporting complies with SOX. • Performed full cycle accounting including maintenance of general ledger, month end closing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations; involves intercompany, AR, AP, WIP, cash and bank, foreign exchange control account reconciliations. • Prepared monthly financial analysis and provided with the commentary on the financial and operational performance of the company via key performance indicators, financial ratios and other ad-hoc analytical techniques; performed extensive data analysis using statistic applications.
February 2010 - August 2012
• Prepared monthly financial statements; operated bookkeeping and accounting systems to record accounting transactions on Sage 50, and prepared bank, foreign currency and petty cash reconciliations. • Performed tax calculations and supplementary calculations such as deferred tax and capital allowance; ensured tax filing and payments done before the due dates • Ensured Customers invoiced and collected by due dates and monitored weekly cash forecast. Maintained spreadsheets for pricing and costing, account payable and account receivable aging, lease rental, other financial instruments, reserves, inventory valuations, fixed asset depreciations, monthly journal entries for accrual, prepayments and other provisions and etc. • Assisted financial director on corporate capital planning; performed investment appraisals to ensure the appropriate allocation of capital to projects, using NPV, IRR, ARR, Profitability Index and etc.
July 2006 - May 2008
• Assisted with budgeting and financial statement preparation whilst maintaining general ledger and passed month end journal entries; performed account reconciliations; handled inquiries; facilitated with the ad-hoc analysis; managed Account receivable, payroll and Account payable; Ensured financial documentation is done for all the transactions; Entered the transaction in the accounting software; prepared schedules as required by the external auditors.
July 2005 - July 2006
• Ensured integrity of client’s financial statement and its alignment with governing body’s rules and regulations via logical testing, subsequent testing and vouching; obtained an understanding of the company's internal controls and applied auditing procedures such as inspecting the company's books and records, observation, inquiries, and confirmations; prepared statutory financial statements, policies, and supportive notes for external stakeholders; prepared audit proposal, budgets and management letters on the weakness of the system and control, and provided with the corrective actions; interacted with different people at all levels in order to fully understand the client’s business.
at University of Toronto
2016 - 2016 (1 year) Ontario
Certified Professional Accountant
at CPA CMA
2015 - 2016 (1 year) Ontario
Master of Science
at University of Surrey
2008 - 2010 (2 years) Surrey
at Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
2006 - 2010 (4 years) London
Knowledge and keywords