Manager of Engineering Services
at Bombardier Inc.
September 2014 - at Present
• Responsible for “P &L” of Indirect Services including building valuations, Insurance, et al. • Program Manager for all Large Capital Projects( $ 30 Million valuation) e.g. Hanger Modifications for Global Aircraft Program Site Storm Water Systems Upgrades Built a new Data Centre with advanced HVAC and Fire Fighting Systems Runway Systems Upgrade as per Transport Canada regulations Rebuild of Hangar for Q 400 Turbo-Prop Aero-structures Program New Chiller Plant for Greener Foot-print & Ozone Depletion issues (R134A, etc.) Project Manager for study, evaluation, Design & Tender of New Pre-Flight Hangar (~$ 29.5M), etc. Major Brownfield Upgrades including Early Earth-works for Storm Water Management system package, development of site Fire Protection systems, etc. Presently acting as Head of Engineering & Construction for a $350M Greenfield site development.
Senior Project Manager
at Bombardier Aerospace
July 2008 - July 2014
• Project Manager of major Capital projects including project financials, planning & execution • Provided Design support and led the “MEP” function for all Capital projects; Supported design engineering work in ‘Autodesk REVIT’. • In charge of all due-diligence related to site (viz. carrying out Legal Surveys, Topographical and Geo-Technical Surveys, etc.) • Analysis of Land Leases & Sale of Land to Land Developers • Worked with major Consulting Engineering companies including analysis of Proposals & ACEC 31 Contracts. • Planning of all “Green” energy savings initiatives & studies related to Wind Farm/Roof-Top leasing/Cogeneration systems • Author of major Capital project appropriation requests including of ROI & NPV evaluation • Responsible for all Site Services maintenance inclusive of Stationary Engineering. • Developed major IT Infrastructural projects like Cloud Computing infrastructure for BAS, DAS for Telephony networks, etc.
Global Manufacturing Engineer/Maintenance Manager
at ArvinMeritor Inc.(Gabriel Inc.)
April 2001 - July 2008
• In-Charge for all plant maintenance related activities & Budgeting including development of Strat.Plan • Monitoring Preventive Maintenance Program ERP Systems and development of Asset Management systems. • Carried out Process Mapping including “Gap Analysis” & Process risk assessment(DFMEA & PFMEA) • Responsible for Vendor Development matrices and monitoring of key suppliers • Spearheaded Transfer of line to Queretaro, Mexico and “process set-up” with training modules. • Spearheaded transfer of line to Dalian, China(including set-up, Training and vendor set-up)
Manufacturing Manager/Project Manager
at PepsiCo Inc.
April 1996 - February 2001
Calcutta - West Bengal
• Project Manager for installation of a new green field Beverage Bottling line (~$11M)-successfully implemented including Environmental Impact mitigation, drainage systems, etc. • Spearheaded Technical Documentation & Integration with the acquisition of Bottlers/Bottling Plants. • Participated in ERP implementation and mapping of activities for implementing SAP/R3 in PP, MM and Distributions (As-Is and To-Be Mapping) • Handled Up-Country Distribution of Pepsi as well as participating in “Operations-Blue”- a marketing campaign • Spearheaded Contract Negotiation with the Union.
Assistant Superintentdent-Sheet Mill/Design Engineer
at Alcan Inc.( Indian Aluminum)
June 1991 - March 1996
Calcutta - West Bengal
• Responsible for Sheet Mill ‘P & L” • Introduced New Rolling Schedules and Oil Chemistry • Harmonized and Balanced Rolling Mill with Finishing Lines • Was responsible for Customer Communications • Introduced “DDAQ”- Deep Drawn Anodizing Quality Aluminum Circle production. • Carried out production planning for Sheet Mill, Hot Mill and Cold Mill • Production Scheduling & Cost Analysis • Carried out pre-final Audits of Sheet Mill for ISO-9002 accreditation • Worked on major Capital projects in Alcan Italy & Germany
at Project Management Institute
2007 - 2019 (12 years) Ontario
at Kellogg School of Management
2012 - 2014 (2 years) Illinois
Bachelor Of Engineering
at Jadavpur University
1987 - 1991 (4 years) Calcutta - West Bengal
Knowledge and keywords