I'm a sales enablement & video marketing SAAScritter by day and by night I'm a freelance writer bringing humor and English to bland corporate Dilbertspeak. I'm an IT geekette who loves storytelling. What's your story? I can help!
at BLUERUSH Digital Marketing
September 2017 - at Present
Salescritter for a digital marketing agency and I'll get into the details more later!
Freelance Writing & Content Generation
at Bringing humor, clarity & just plain English to boring corporate web sites
April 2016 - at Present
Why do web sites have to be so boring and sleep-inducing? Why not just tell me you sell widgets? I keep your customers and prospects awake by telling your story with humor and an edge. I write content that people want to read.
June 2016 - September 2017
Yappn empowers clients to capture new markets through real-time innovative language solutions. Offering a complete customizable set of tools to engage consumers in up to 67 languages, Yappn’s technology enables people, brands and organizations to be social, conduct commerce and communicate freely without a language barrier - Dynamic website translation - Customer care - Enhanced messaging - Custom translation solutions - Marketing services & intelligence
Business Development Manager
November 2014 - February 2016
- Brought in to re-establish defunct inside sales program - Sorted through backlog of thousands of unhandled leads, converted warm ones into opportunities, distributed to account execs - Developed new sales processes for thorough follow-up and devised proper metrics - Qualifed all new inbound leads, researching and responding to all before passing on to account managers - Revisited old lost (no decision) opportunites and leads for potential revival - Demonstrated extraordinary persistence to get into companies who had not reached out to us - Drove traffic to trade show booths and filled seats to special trade show events - Followed up on trade show leads
at Axsium Group
July 2011 - September 2014
- Identified, engaged and proactively pursued top-tier new leads in Retail/Hospitality/Healthcare/ Manufacturing - Followed up on trade show and conference leads to secure appointments with interested parties - Drove traffic via sales pre-calls to trade shows like KronosWorks, Inforum, NRF Big Show and APA Congress and set up appointments for the show; was credited in following sales meetings with traffic leads mentioning my name - Developed an improved pipeline report with my manager which resulted in greater leads generation numbers within 4-6 weeks
at Vortex Connect
December 2010 - July 2011
- Small startup workforce management applications for mobile phones - Business development for retail, healthcare, and manufacturing
August 2007 - November 2010
- Generated leads by phone/email for SOX/CSOX, ERM, NERC & Internal Audit software solutions - Helped set up and manage webinars for our software demos, called and sent invitations to drive attendance - Exploratory pre-sales sustainability prospecting for projected development of sustainability compliance software
Freelance writing, blogging, content generation
- Don't have time to update your corporate blog or generate other web site content? I can create engaging, informative content with a *subtle* marketing message and more thorough research than you have time for.
- You do have time to blog but you hate doing it and always post the same old stuff? I can make your true value differentiators and client successes *shine* with a more relateable, engaging style. If you're not afraid of humour or positive controversy, drop me a message.
- My background is 20+ years in IT sales and business development covering systems integration/VAR, telecom, SAAS software, and professional services. Most recently I come from a governance, risk and compliance environment.
Enhanced machine translation
At Yappn, we provide automatic website, social media wall and customer care machine translation with human post-editing. You can see how the technology works at www.yappn.com/the-technology.
Knowledge and keywords