I'm a corporate refugee looking to move into the cannabis industry and also personal development work. There needs to be a point to this mad existence we call life!
Humorous Fantasy Novelist
at (and occasional s**t-disturber)
November 2004 - at Present
Humourous & dark fantasy novelist whose books include "Young Republican, Yuppie Princess", "Sumer Lovin'", "The Age Of Asparagus" and now, published for free on my blog, "Tales From The Anonymous Divorced Witchbabe." Promoter of personal responsibility and activating your own inner strength. And you do have it, I promise you.
at BLUERUSH Digital Marketing
September 2017 - June 2019
Salescritter for a digital marketing agency and I'll get into the details more later!
June 2016 - September 2017
Yappn empowers clients to capture new markets through real-time innovative language solutions. Offering a complete customizable set of tools to engage consumers in up to 67 languages, Yappn’s technology enables people, brands and organizations to be social, conduct commerce and communicate freely without a language barrier - Dynamic website translation - Customer care - Enhanced messaging - Custom translation solutions - Marketing services & intelligence
Business Development Manager
November 2014 - February 2016
- Brought in to re-establish defunct inside sales program - Sorted through backlog of thousands of unhandled leads, converted warm ones into opportunities, distributed to account execs - Developed new sales processes for thorough follow-up and devised proper metrics - Qualifed all new inbound leads, researching and responding to all before passing on to account managers - Revisited old lost (no decision) opportunites and leads for potential revival - Demonstrated extraordinary persistence to get into companies who had not reached out to us - Drove traffic to trade show booths and filled seats to special trade show events - Followed up on trade show leads
at Axsium Group
July 2011 - September 2014
- Identified, engaged and proactively pursued top-tier new leads in Retail/Hospitality/Healthcare/ Manufacturing - Followed up on trade show and conference leads to secure appointments with interested parties - Drove traffic via sales pre-calls to trade shows like KronosWorks, Inforum, NRF Big Show and APA Congress and set up appointments for the show; was credited in following sales meetings with traffic leads mentioning my name - Developed an improved pipeline report with my manager which resulted in greater leads generation numbers within 4-6 weeks
at Vortex Connect
December 2010 - July 2011
- Small startup workforce management applications for mobile phones - Business development for retail, healthcare, and manufacturing
August 2007 - November 2010
- Generated leads by phone/email for SOX/CSOX, ERM, NERC & Internal Audit software solutions - Helped set up and manage webinars for our software demos, called and sent invitations to drive attendance - Exploratory pre-sales sustainability prospecting for projected development of sustainability compliance software
Freelance writing, blogging, content generation
- Don't have time to update your corporate blog or generate other web site content? I can create engaging, informative content with a *subtle* marketing message and more thorough research than you have time for.
- You do have time to blog but you hate doing it and always post the same old stuff? I can make your true value differentiators and client successes *shine* with a more relateable, engaging style. If you're not afraid of humour or positive controversy, drop me a message.
- My background is 20+ years in IT sales and business development covering systems integration/VAR, telecom, SAAS software, and professional services. Most recently I come from a governance, risk and compliance environment.
Enhanced machine translation
At Yappn, we provide automatic website, social media wall and customer care machine translation with human post-editing. You can see how the technology works at www.yappn.com/the-technology.
Knowledge and keywords