- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Amazon has a vast global operations workforce. The PeopleTech org develops the software that Amazon employees and associates use throughout their career at amazon from job application to retirement. As an Accessibility TPM you will help drive the accessibility effort for the PeopleTech org. Our goal is to raise the bar of Amazon’s day-to-day work experience for all employees and associates including the ones that use assistive technologies.
You will own working with teams across the PeopleTech org to design and deliver HR software and services with a great customer experience. You will gather business and systems requirements from internal and external stakeholders, write specifications and drive project schedules across a large group of teams. You will also drive employee outreach programs to gather feedback on user experiences and coordinate with teams to improve the employee experience across internally used software.
This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with user researchers, Product Managers, UX designers, engineering leaders and developers from across PeopleTech and key partner teams. You will regularly present to leadership on the overall status of key strategic initiatives, overall project risks and articulate recommended mitigation paths. We are looking for someone who possesses a solid TPM background, has lead medium/large projects in the past, and has technical background and experience. We are looking for someone who can keep his or her eye on the ball and not let anything fall off the radar. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipate bottlenecks and escalations, set realistic (yet aggressive) expectations, and clearly communicate to all levels of stakeholders are key requirements.
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
· 5+ years of industry experience as a TPM delivering large, cross-functional projects
· 2+ years of experience working with large-scale distributed systems
· Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation tradeoffs
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels
· Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
- ms project
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.