- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Account Executive - Edmonton
POSITION: Account Executive
REPORTS TO: Area Sales Manager - Prairies
This position will assume responsibility for retention and revenue enhancement of a predetermined group of existing customers categorized as “controlled” and “managed”. This will be accomplished through relationship building at strategic levels within customer organizations, and integration between DHL and the customer, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction. Strategic new business development, at predetermined periods, will also become part of this portfolio. Adherence to activity performance standards, profitable revenue growth with lane and product sales, profit enhancement, and increased market share are key bench marks of success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Initiate and maintain scheduled contact with assigned Customers at multiple contact levels
· Analysis of Customer needs & activity using potentially more complex sales/service solutions and service agreements.
· Target & secure strategic international business.
· Facilitate annual, or as needed, rate increases.
· Achieve established sales targets.
· Identify & secure automated shipping system opportunities at customer sites. Develop & present proposals/quotes.
· Ensure appropriate width & depth of relationship within customer organization.
· Maintain comprehensive customer profiles.
· Act as the liaison between customer and company resources. Engage appropriate personnel as required.
· Update management on competitive activity.
· Complete sales reports for Management.
· Achieve established sales revenue targets.
· Customer margins, volumes and suppressions managed in compliance with Company standards.
· Meet pre-established performance standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· 2-4 years sales success in a service industry
· Demonstrated ability to infiltrate senior customer levels and represent value.
· Excellent interpersonal communication & probing skills, high aptitude and initiative for follow-up.
· Customer service orientation.
· Strong business, courier and/or supply chain management knowledge.
· Knowledge of technology applications in business.
· Demonstrated drive, persistence & initiative.
· Implemented measurements & strategies to attain goals.
· Proven planning, organizational, time and paper management skills.
· Demonstrated presentation skills.
· Team player
· Proficient with technical computer software skills (Microsoft).
· 1-3 years sales experience in transportation.
· University degree (in appropriate disciplines).
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.