- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sector: Client Operations
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $47132.54 to $58915.68
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We're not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We're mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE )
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We've shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You're in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions. About the role
We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, as a member of CMHC's social and affordable housing agreement management team, you will assume the administrative responsibility for a portfolio of accounts and provide superior quality service that contributes to a positive corporate image and sound business relationships with a broad range of clients, as well as internal and external partners and stakeholders that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Sound knowledge of social and affordable housing, mortgage financing and real estate and/or property administration.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as business, finance or commerce or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
What you will be doing
People Leadership (Human Relations Skills)
- Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
Advice and Guidance
- Offers advice, support and alternative solutions to CMHC s clients through the communication of key decisions and the provision of responses to inquiries.
- Recommends reasonable solutions in line with the risk appetite and in compliance with program guidelines that promote the best outcomes for CMHC and client interests.
- Provides effective and efficient delivery of services in contribution to service standards.
- Ensures timely and accurate servicing of accounts.
- Participates actively in new agreement origination, client data gathering and analysis, reporting and follow-up processes.
Analysis and Reporting
- Assesses client accounts against program and product requirements, including but not limited to applications and funding requests, financial reviews, existing and new agreements and loans, claim and subsidy eligibility.
- Applies sound judgment and decision-making practices that are factual to derive a course of action, recommendations and solutions.
- Participates in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance, by reviewing work and submitting detailed reports as required.
- Exercises prudence and due diligence to ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures applicable to the function.
- Ensures that all documentation is in place in accordance with program audit requirements, and maintains a high standard of accuracy and data quality.
- Deals with a varied base of clients and maintains quality relationships with these clients to understand their needs and provide service in an effective manner.
- Assumes responsibility for working in a team environment in contribution to service standards and turnaround times.
- Uses effective communication techniques, both written and oral, to deliver quality service.
- Takes immediate action to address client needs and inquiries.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: October 2, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4063
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec
Other Location(s): Position can be located anywhere in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- trades and professions