- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 58364
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview This role will be based out of our down town Toronto Office
- Administrative and business content support to senior management team members
- Booking travel and administrate expenses
- Book meeting rooms/catering as required
- Coordinate team off site events
- Working collaboratively with functional team, other management team members and their support staff to obtain and traffic information and documentation.
- Navigate the organization to support resolving techonology issues
- Support onboarding or offboarding of employees
- Administrate procurement of goods and services
- Timekeeping tracking (vacations/sickdays)
- Support improvements and maintaining office ‘user experience' guidelines
- Support the facilities Lead onsite
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where colleagues in your department are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas.
- manage and maintain management schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- administrate purchases, travel bookings and tracking in Entrprise applications - Ariba, Concur and SAP
- arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events
- time tracking for departments vacations, and sick days
- liaise with internal staff at all levels
- interact with external partners
- co-ordinate project-based work
- review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Time to time prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- 5+ years experience in administration support or related experience
- University degree or college diploma completed
- Administration/merchandising experience in the grocery retail sector preferred
- Expert,powerpoint, word and Outlook, Excel advanced development
- Ariba, Concur and SAP experience
- Demonstrated experience working in project teams
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- ms project