- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36657
Position Number: 20034989
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: 817 Bannatyne Ave.
Department/Unit: Adult Mental Health Services - CRC
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 12/16/2019
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 7.25
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $ 22.009, $ 22.598, $ 23.220, $ 23.843, $ 24.488, $ 25.189
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Reporting to the Manager, Facility and Support Services or Manager, the incumbent provides administrative support for Managers in the community area(s) including timekeeping and payroll support, supporting manager in Human Resource functions, preparing orders, verifying delivery and investigating discrepancies of supplies and services, coding invoices and expense claims, coordinating routine facility operations (parking, site orientations, equipment, keys/access, repairs, maintenance, housekeeping, security, etc.), workload coordination within the administrative support team, and a variety of other office duties as required. The incumbent must contribute to a respectful work environment and participate in workload sharing and coverage within the administrative support team for the site and offices within the community area(s).
- Five years progressively responsible secretarial experience required.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Administrative experience in a healthcare office would be an asset.
- Workload coordination or supervisory experience would be an asset.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a formal post-secondary administrative assistant program required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to arrange meetings; transcribe, compile and distribute minutes and agendas as well as research information.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Ability to learn and adapt to new computerized programs
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills essential.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of administrative duties.
- Demonstrated ability to independently compose basic correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute and lead in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.