- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
There is an excellent opportunity at our Aviva Canada Inc. downtown Edmonton location, we are seeking a highly motivated and engaging individual to join our Surety team as an Administrator. You will provide assistance and administrative support to the Surety team including the leadership team. You will establish and maintain good relationships with our surety team, our stakeholders, and those we deal with across the organization, and our external partners. This role reports into the Manager and AVP.
- Provide administrative services to Surety Department to ensure efficient and accurate reporting and recording of surety bonds in compliance with Department policy and assist underwriting team to achieve profit, growth and loss ratio targets..
- Review and maintain level of understanding of departmental policies and procedures in order to achieve required audit results (95%)
- Provide support to our underwriting team
- Back up other administrators with bond issuance/processing, including US and fronting bond issuance/processing and reinsurance bordereaux
- Assist internal/external parties, answer questions & furnish information when possible.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Surety experience would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an administrative assistant.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines and perform effectively under pressure
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong desire to learn and grow within the role
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel
- Highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General business sense
- Post-secondary certificate in Office Administration or equivalent work experience
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.