- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ROLE CAN BE LOCATED IN SAN BRUNO, CA OR HOBOKEN, NJ
Flawless Inventory Management is key to building a profitable and scalable ecommerce business. The Supply Chain Product Management & Analytics (SCPMA) team manages several core aspects of inventory management across Walmart.com and Jet.com, such as forecasting customer demand, purchasing to that demand, bringing end-to-end visibility to our supply chain performance and working on special projects to optimize the physical supply chain.
The Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for helping build best-in-class analytics tools and products to enable 200+ internal users to make critical business decisions, daily, using one of the richest data sets in the world. Your ultimate goal is to use data to rapidly release tools to enable the Supply Chain & Inventory operators, and then partner with our Engineering team to productionize these tools into sustainable products. You will learn the art and science of Analytics at an unsurpassed scale with the largest retailer on the planet. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product, engineering, inventory managers, fulfillment operators, and retail team.
What you’ll be working on:
• Analytics: Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions
• Product: Build innovative analytics products, and data infrastructure to bring clarity to our operators and enable them to make insightful decisions
•Project Management: Gain understanding of sometimes unarticulated business needs, translate strategic initiatives into detailed product specifications, and work with Product Managers on the team to catalyze product development
• Modeling: Develop and improve upon our methodology for demand forecasting and inventory replenishment logic with some of the best data scientists in the industry
• Strategy: Design scalable workflows and tools to automate processes that would otherwise be manual and time-consuming
You are a risk taker and a dreamer that delivers, doesn't take "it's not possible" for an answer, and has big ideas they can't wait to bring to life. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to have the pulse of what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for working with data to deliver actionable guidance and drive business performance. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change, and you thrive on taking ambiguity in stride.
Our team is small but mighty, which is why we are looking for a rock star Advance Analytics Specialist who will “leave no stone unturned – to identify the best possible solution” and will “Do what’s right for the customer – whether internal or external”.
• Expert at SQL, Excel and Python (preferred) - ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must
• Strong business acumen and scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated superb ability to independently frame problems, drive analysis, engage stakeholders
•0-4 years of professional experience in a highly analytical and data intensive role at a startup and/or finance/consulting firm (not including internships)
•BA/BS degree in Economics/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science or equivalent practical experience; MBA or relevant Master's Degree from a top-tier program is strongly preferred
•Hands-on experience with VBA, R, Looker, Tableau or other data analysis/visualization tools is a plus
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.