- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sector: Client Solutions
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $111373.92 to $139217.40
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We're not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We're mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE )
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We've shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You're in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.This position reports to the Risk Management, Strategy and Products team in our Office of the SVP, Client Solutions sector. This sector fosters collaboration between Client Solutions and Client Operations and encourages a client-centric mindset.
This tactical team will focus specifically on aggressively pursuing attainment of our National Housing Strategy 2030 goals.
About the role
We're constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide advice on the development of new and enhanced homeowner products and programs as well as risk management and issue resolution through expert guidance and development of policies, processes and procedures. By doing this you will help promote housing affordability, advance the organizational programs and minimize the government s risk exposure in a time of crisis that will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in fields, such as business, economics, finance or mathematics.
• Minimum ten years of experience in risk management and product innovation.
• Well-developed knowledge of the accounting and legal framework related to mortgage loan insurance.
• General knowledge of capital markets, including complex financial instruments, fixed-income products.
• Understanding of Canada's housing finance system, mortgage insurance, the secondary mortgage market, lending/underwriting practices and default management.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills to be able to present at committees and industry events.
• Ability to gauge the technical knowledge of the audience and translate the information to fit the audience.
• Ability to think forward, to estimate and assess the changing dynamics of the market.
• Ability to interpret information from various sources in order to provide recommendations concerning the continuous development of organizational programs.
• CFA/CA/CGA/CMA and/or risk management certification is preferred.
What you will be doing
• Acts as the subject matter expert concerning Homeowner products. Provides expert guidance and advice as well as clarifications to senior management, the Director, colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders relating to products) policies, products and procedures.
• Identifies opportunities through market knowledge to strengthen and change homeowner products, frameworks and structures to achieve the set objectives.
• Participates in the development of a long-term strategic vision for the homeowner business
• Develops a plan for delivery on the new strategy
• Finalizes a prioritization/scoring framework for product alignment to the new strategy
• Develops a central list of all existing Homeowner products and assess their alignment to strategy (Identifies gaps, plan & prioritize)
• Proactively develops an active pipeline of new Homeowner products & enhancements in direct support of our strategy
• Coordinates with internal & external partners to develop & nurture workable ideas
• Leads the development of new product ideas through vetting, analysis and approval processes at any level required (internal & external)
• Develops & leads deployment plans for workable & practical products & enhancements
• Identifies near-term opportunities; launch at least 3 new practical products/enhancements in 2020
• Supports crafting complex deals as required
• Identifies opportunities for more rigour to the risk management of products and services.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: December 16, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4259
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Other Location(s): Any location in Canada
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.