- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- PETAWAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services is looking for high skilled aircraft maintenance professionals to support the Canada MHLH program on a continuing basis through to March 2023. The Contract Maintenance Support Team members will be responsible to ensure aircraft safety inspections are complete and perform modifications as required.
The Aircraft Mechanic will report to the Maintenance Manager. The Aircraft Mechanic will work as a key part of the aircraft maintenance team supporting the maintenance team by performing regular aircraft maintenance.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems
- Corrects failures and implements changes
- Configures aircraft and bench test equipment
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and establishes processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance
- Complies with safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight-worthiness
- Works under general direction
- Ability to perform as part of a cohesive team, working toward a common goal
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have3 years’ experience as an Aircraft Mechanic
- Knowledge of Royal Canadian Air Force operations and aircraft maintenance practices required
- Must have knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks
- Current Canadian Secret Clearance is preferred or the ability to gain it is required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1 year experience as an Aircraft Certification Authority (or Military Equivalent)
- Prefer DRMIS experience
- Experience and training on Canadian CH-147F Chinook preferred
- Must have a Canadian High school diploma or recognized equivalency
- Must have one of the following: FAA Airframe/Powerplant (A&P) mechanics license, Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license or Military equivalent
- Rotorcraft or military (AVS/Mechanic type course certified MOSID 00136) platform maintenance experience is an asset
Candidate must consent to Canadian Government Controlled Goods Program (CGP) assessment. Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods. Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO LIVE AND WORK IN CANADA. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANT. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.