- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Hours of Work: 12:00 am -08:00 am
Job Code: 033
Location: 800 Kipling Ave
Bargaining Unit: Yes
Reports to: Unit Manager
Since its establishment in 1960, Purolator has become Canada's leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider. Our team operates under a strong set of corporate values that guide us in all we do for our employees. Purolator is an employer committed to offering our employees rewarding work with opportunities for collaboration and career development. We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package and Pension Plan, an Employee Family Assistance Program, Employee Shared Ownership Program and Employee Discounts.
We believe that developing a winning team of employees is critical to achieving our vision of making Canada stronger by delivering our customers' promises. Don't miss this opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians.
Job Details: AM Sorter
Location: 800 Kipling Ave.,
Working Hours: 12:00 am - 08:00 am
Scheduled Shift: Monday - Friday
Employment Contract: permanent
- Unloading and sorting freight
- Preload up to 5 trucks while pulling assigned freight off conveyor belt
- Build positive relationships with team (couriers, lead hands and sorters)
- Working with conveyor and roller belts, inside trailers, cargo containers and package vehicles
- Accurately scan, count the number of stops on a truck and write all premium products while loading
- Adhere to all safety standards
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assignedKey Requirements:
- No experience necessary
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a time sensitive environment
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Attention to process, quality and/or operational standards
- Successfully complete a criminal record check and employment verification to qualify
- Obtain a clear Police Clearance Certificate when requiredQualifications:
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Team player
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
Working Conditions: Warehouse Environment
Salary Grade: As per collective Agreement
Forward an updated resume to: MyCareer
*Please notify your immediate manager before applying for an internal job posting
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Tous les postes unilingues à l'extérieur du Québec exigeant uniquement la connaissance de la langue anglaise sont affichés sur le site Intranet de Purolator seulement.
Si vous désirez une traduction française de cette description de poste, prière de communiquer avec votre Représentant aux ressources humaines.