- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60644
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of AML Operations globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Deliver training to address AML Operational process/procedural knowledge by:
- Creating an engaging learning experience in a professional manner demonstrating the application of adult learning principles
- Supporting learners in achieving identified learning objectives through effective feedback and ongoing evaluation of learning transfer and gaps
- Familiarizing employees with tools and knowledge resources to help them succeed in their role and produce high quality work
- Assisting in the design and maintenance of training materials and resources
- Creating learning and performance solutions to support AML Operations, new hire training and new skills training to meet the learning needs of an AML Operations analyst, and ensure an effective mix of functional and behavioural training
- Implementing curriculum design principles and standards that ensure consistency, flexibility and sustainability of learning materials
- Performing a variety of administrative functions in support of the training program
- Ensuring all materials are in alignment with AML Operations/FIU compliance and regulatory functions
- Supporting the Bank’s training evaluation strategy to determine impact of training and return on investment by:
- Recording attendance, delivering assessments and collecting and recording evaluations
- Measuring training program success by completing evaluation and analysis activities
- Assessing performance of new hires at set intervals during the training cycle and sharing these results with the Manager, Strategy and Business Enablement
- Offering feedback to management on challenges and best practices that emerge from the classroom or post-training
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
- Self-starter able to take initiative, identify areas of improvement independently and proactively keeps up-to-date with changes to process/procedures that affect business units supported
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal skills required to prepare communications and interact effectively with internal and external parties.
- Thorough knowledge of related regulatory requirements including KYC, AML, Anti-Terrorist Financing Policies legislation and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's interactive systems including MS Office Suite
- Previous experience with AML would be an asset
- Results oriented, highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others
- Self-reliant and pro-active approach to work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a sometimes ambiguous environment and ability to ‘connect’ the dots
- Ability to demonstrate highly developed facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the most effective facilitation approach (in class, by phone, virtual)
- Consistently demonstrate self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship management, and Scotiabank’s Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Passion and Accountability
Education / Experience / Other Information
- University Degree or equivalent and a minimum of minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial services industry preferable in GAML/ATF related field
- ACAMS certification is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrou