- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 59365
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Shared Services & Payroll
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta (CA-AB)
Location: Calgary Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic team member to join our HR Analytics department. The ideal candidate will have experience with HR systems and a strong passion for food looking to join a top National Grocery retailer. This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta or Stellarton, Nova Scotia, depending on the sucessful candidate s location. Relocation will not be available for this position.
Job Description • Partner with internal and external customers to provide reporting and analytics services.
• Design, construct and maintain innovative solutions (dashboards, databases) that deliver useful and relevant workforce metrics for effective decision making and planning.
• Develop and prepare standard/ad-hoc reports and extracts from HR systems to satisfy statutory requirements, collective agreement obligations and business needs.
• Conduct data analysis for forecasting and modeling purposes to support strategic planning within the HR function.
• Interpret data, highlight insights and communication implications to requestor.
• Support HR system users by creating user-friendly query and reporting templates, tools and resources.
• Establish consistently defined formulas and calculations as well as source data for reporting.
• Collaborate with HR Solutions and Innovation teams to resolve functionality or programming problems.
• Participate in the planning and execution of data governance activities related to information management, records management and information security.
• Diagnose and establish audits which identify data integrity issues within the HR systems. Measure progress on improvements.
• Investigate data issues discovered during analytics/reporting requests and initiate corrective action.
• Provide guidance/recommendations on process improvements to enhance data quality.
• Support HR initiatives by being a subject matter expert on special projects and assignments.
Key Support Accountabilities
- Support HR Operations and other HR corridors by providing guidance and developing reports to enable them to make decisions in a timely manner
- Support the business by providing timely HR data and analytics that support business decisions.
- Collaborate with all corridors in the Solutions and Innovation team to identify data and reporting sources and options in all HR Systems.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure that the data into the system is set up to allow effective retrieval of the data out of the system at a later date.
Job Requirements • Post-secondary education in HR or Finance, or equivalent work experience
• Training in HR systems, processes, data governance and reporting is preferred
• 2 to 3 years experience in an analyst role
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Access
• Previous experience with SAP HR, SAP Payroll and Success Factors Employee Central
• Proficient in Tableau Software
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
• Growing organization
• Competitive salary
• Pension plan
• Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
• Ongoing Training & Development
• Flexible Work Arrangements
• Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.