- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 62006
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Supports The Scotiabank Women Initiative team on executing and developing strategy, while maintaining a focus on hitting our program goals. The incumbent will also contribute to the overall success of The Scotiabank Women Initiative in Canada ensuring specific individual targets, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Administers and maintains our internal channels (Scotiabank Live and Workplace) and supports the development of the external Website as needed
• Manages, tracks and sustains The Scotiabank Women Initiative documents/material (i.e., version control, updating information, managing translations)
• Coordinates efforts with the marketing team and legal to support external site requirements (i.e., knowledge center, testimonials)
Updates, creates content and circulates the bi-weekly newsletter to internal distribution list/employees
• Collects and consolidates material from team members and key partners
• Create and edits content
External Client Communications
• Drafts, designs and executes program participant communication, updates and emails
• Creates and maintains country-wide events calendar (i.e., mini boot camps, regional meetings etc.)
• Creates and maintains schedule for group mentoring sessions, including logistics and regional coordination
• Liaise with the local markets/field to identify their needs to ensure client satisfaction
• Communicate with clients, when appropriate
• Coordinates with the field and program team members to effectively track boot camp and event participation/runs reports from system
• Maintains The Scotiabank Women Initiative project plan documents
• Creates quarterly reports to be shared with internal stakeholders and Advisory Board members.
• Collaborates to gather feedback and data re processes to support continuous improvement efforts
• Addresses and manages requests for marketing material
• Work with the DF/vendor to build out requirements for a program portal to automate processes/maintain portal once launched
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect
to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
• Post graduate education in business is desirable – with undergraduate (university or college) in business and/or communication / behavioural / analytical disciplines an asset.
• Financial services experience required.
• 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a startup environment
• Thorough knowledge of the Commercial Bank’s objectives, strategy, structure, business lines, and markets served.
• Highly motivated results-oriented individual with excellent analytical, written and communication skills.
• Superior influencing, interpersonal, and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation.
• Solid understanding of Canada’s financial services industry.
• Proven project management skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.