- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Animation Product Owner 19WD33459 Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Animation Product Owner
Job ID: 19WD33459
Are you ready to join drive the future of animation? Autodesk is looking for a talented animator to be our Animation Product Owner. You will be an individual that loves animation and wants to represent our customers. You will be driven for excellence and pushing the design of industry leading software packages that consistently are used in the biggest and best video games, feature films and animation productions around the globe.
Are you an individual that knows the difference between keyframes and motion capture, the time editor vs story & takes in MotionBuilder, how to push the graph editor to its limits and beyond, and what best workflows get best results? Do you know how to listen to customers and clearly describe their needs in easily understood workflows? Do you have a deep understanding of animation, Maya and MotionBuilder? Have you helped ship multiple AAA titles and/or feature films and can speak for the industry? We are looking for you to help guide the future of animation in a cutting edge environment.
Candidates for the Animation Product Owner role must demonstrate a deep understanding of animation as well as the key strengths & weaknesses of both Maya and MotionBuilder. Significant game development and feature film experience is essential, and working well with various clients simultaneous is expected. Candidates will be expected to submit their demo reel & take a short animation test as part of the interview process.
- With the help of customer analytics, you will identify opportunities and define urgent and pervasive product requirements for targeted market segments.
- Coordinate with product support, key accounts, and industry leaders to identify market needs and articulate customer feedback to product teams
- Identify competitive offerings and assess their strengths and weaknesses.
- Directly engage with our communities on a variety of platforms to guide the voice and conversations.
- Define workflows and contribute to the roadmap for major content creation tools and pipelines—in collaboration with the development team and central partners
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of designers and product managers
- Participate in team strategic and operational planning
- Keep aware of global industry trends in animation production and technology for major entertainment forms (e.g., video games, film, animation, etc.) and present to appropriate stakeholders on a regular, recurring basis
- Maintain close relationships with production artists and engineers, to understand their needs, challenges and frustration to help drive optimal acceptance of designs
- Tell the story of Maya & MotionBuilder and the entertainment DCC ecosystem while differentiating products from competitive offerings
- Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and customers
- Inform key product stakeholders including company leadership of current and emerging market trends and representative customer feedback
- Identify, create, maintain, and leverage key relationships in target industries to enhance product awareness and adoption
- Connect with key industry thought leaders, including industry specialists, research analysts, press, and other influential parties
- Highly motivated, disciplined and self-directed with a commitment to excellence
- Exceptional planning, facilitation, dependency management, risk management & analysis skills
- Deep understanding of animating in Maya and how animators use our tools
- Understanding of Motion Builder and key workflows like story, takes, etc
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- 5+ years of experience in production as an animator
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences - internal, external, business and technical
- Ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile/ Lean Startup methodologies
- Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment a plus
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi-discipline team.
- Excellent presentation skills and ease in speaking in front of large groups
- BA degree in animation or equivalent diploma
- Strong understanding of game development frameworks and methodologies
- Strong understanding of feature film development and pipelines
- Experience working on a team of 10-20 artists, engineers, and/or technical artists
- Ability to foster a strong community with an emphasis on high performance and guaranteed delivery
- Ability to adapt to changing pace and strategic decision