- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do, then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but also the entire industry.
Amazon’s transportation teams work to ensure the delivery of packages for customers around the world. On its busiest day, Cyber Monday, Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers’ doors on-time and in great condition. Whether it is an item large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
We are looking for an Area Manager, Delivery Operations who will be responsible for driver success and maintaining a positive driver experience. This position requires a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with the stamina and mental agility to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth delivery network. Excellent communication skills with all levels of management and staff will be imperative.
Key Job Duties
· Cultivate and sustain a safe environment, high-quality customer delivery, professional driver experience, and a positive culture.
· Drive process-improvement efforts and the implementation of both business processes and technical solutions.
· Champion excellent driver and customer experience while continuously improving Amazon’s last mile on road performance. Be a subject matter expert for all Delivery Associates and Delivery Service Partners process areas.
· Manage Associate training processes and on road audit mechanisms for Delivery Associates.
· Participate in negotiations for Delivery Service Partners dispute resolution, specifically approving payment, determining payment adjustments where appropriate, and managing the DSP invoice process.
· Partner with regional Fleet Management leadership to validate vehicle demand and road worthiness and general compliance to the Fleet Management Program.
· Lead daily SUMs with the DA population to drive quality and engagement.
· Execute DA scheduling strategy through optimization of delivery route assignment.
· Oversee response to customer/TOC escalations.
· Monitor Driver staffing and fleet pipeline to ensure sufficient capacity.
Additional Job Elements
· Must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Lift up to 70 pounds
· Frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
· Stand/walk for up to 12 hours
· Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
· Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
· Work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
· Work in an environment where the temperature may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, occasionally exceeding 90 degrees
· Continuously climb and descend stairs safely
· Must be able to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays
· Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon experience
· Direct management experience of employees and their performance
· Must have a valid driver’s license
- directors and executives
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.