- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
ASIC DESIGN ENGINEER – 72564
- Work with the IP and SOC teams to specify, develop and verify RTL, DV and supporting infrastructures for CLK and SOC Network-on-Chip Security.
- Develop Verilog, C-model, and bus functional models for specific features.
- Perform tasks in design, synthesis, formal verification, and timing closure.
- Design and implement test benches in Verilog, C/C++ as required.
- Perform simulation, verification and debug test failures at IP and SOC levels.
- Create detailed specifications and test plans for CLK and Network-on-Chip functions.
- Examine and recommend block improvement, optimization and power saving enhancement.
- Support silicon bring-up and diagnostics for CLK and Network-on-Chip Security features.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Proven experience in digital block design ownership from specification to successful silicon.
- Experience with multi-clock domain design and clock domain crossing (CDC) design and verification methodologies.
- Robust scripting experience in any or all of Perl, Ruby, Tcl, C, Make.
- Familiarity with clock generation, clock distribution andclock tree synthesis considerations.
- Experience with advanced semiconductor technologies, preferably 16nm and below.
- Familiarity with all Design areas and tools and solid understanding of design/technology interactions
- Experience with ASIC EDA tools for netlist synthesis, timing analysis and ECO methodologies.
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture.
- Laboratory experience, including the use of equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion.
- Good teamwork and communications skills are mandatory
- BS + 8 years or MS + 6 years or PhD + 2-3 years Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Architecture work experience
- Ontario, Canada
- Austin, Texas
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.