- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
9660 Enterprise Way SE Calgary, AB T3S 0A1
Phone: 403-255-1131 Fax: 403-212-4755
Standard General Inc. Calgary is a growing, dynamic contractor in land development and road construction in the greater Calgary area. Through our affiliation with the Colas Group of Companies, we are part of an organization that is a world leader in road construction. You'll be able to take advantage of professional development and growth opportunities while working on exciting, leading-edge projects. Standard General is dedicated to making a lasting impression through our work, our people and our relationships.
About The Role
The Shuttle Buggy Operator proficiently operates a shuttle buggy that receives asphalt via dump trucks and empties into the paver in motion to apply asphalt according to plan and quality specifications.
As a Shuttle Buggy Operator at Standard General, you will:
- Operate shuttle buggy to apply asphalt as per plan and quality specifications.
- Follow direction of Foreman and ensure daily schedules are met.
- Manipulate hand and foot levers to control movement of machine.
- Maintain the pace and continuity of the paving job.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on the equipment.
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the Foreman which may include using tools such as brooms, picks, shovels, pneumatic hammers, etc.
To Be Successful In this Role, You Will Need:
- Valid driver's license (Class 5) with clean driving abstract.
- Own transportation.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of all paving equipment and the paving process.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with last minute schedule changes.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust, grease, fumes, odors, oil, asphalt, and toxic and flammable substances.
- Shoveling, raking, climbing, sitting, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, pulling, pushing, twisting, kneeling, and reaching required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company's drug and alcohol policy, including testing requirements.
- Must comply with all company policies.
What We Can Offer You:
- Lots of hours!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits and pension plan
- Mentorship opportunities
- Education assistance
- The opportunity to work with some amazing people!
Standard General Inc. Calgary offers exciting growth opportunities, excellent wages and benefits, and the opportunity to become part of a strong team and leader in the construction industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.