- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Xello is looking for an Assistant Controller
Who are you?
You are a detail-oriented professional who is looking for an opportunity in an entrepreneurial organization. A self-starter, you relish the opportunity to have your voice heard and want to build your career in a high-growth, energetic, and forward-thinking team. You are eager to help take Xello’s business to the next level.
As a key member of our growing accounting team, you’ll sink your teeth into problems and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Sound exciting? Read on!
What you’ll do…
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly financial statements
- Manage the monthly close process, which includes preparing regular month-end journal entries and reviewing monthly reconciliations
- Create, maintain, and administer company policies
- Identify areas for process improvements and enact process changes
- Review GL coding and supporting documents for invoices entered in AP
- Review cheques and supporting documents prior to signature for Toronto payments
- Manage the year-end audit and prepare working papers for auditors
- Work with the Controller to implement company-wide policies to improve internal controls, safeguard assets, and optimize resource allocation
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Support the month-end internal and external financial reporting, including board and shareholder material, which may result in additional financial ad-hoc analysis