- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mar 11, 2019
Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Santa Clara Marriott, Santa Clara, California
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Entry level management position that is responsible for leading and assisting with the successful completion of daily shift requirements. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
• Supports daily Front Desk shift operations.
Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Supports day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Supports training of staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Interacts with guests to
About the company
Marriott International, Inc. is an American diversified hospitality company that manages and franchises a broad portfolio of hotels and related lodging facilities. Marriott International has more than 4200 properties in over 80 countries and territories around the world, over 697,000 rooms (as of July 2014), and additional 195,000 rooms in the development pipeline.