- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking an exceptionally talented, multi-faceted, user-centered Assistant Industrial Designer who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position is based in Cincinnati, OH.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, DePuySynthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
The Associate Industrial Designer will move seamlessly between the various roles this position requires:
• User Centered Researcher — Collaborate with internal and external partners to plan and execute user research, review and synthesize the findings, and uncover new opportunities and unmet needs.
• Classic Industrial Designer — Use traditional sketching, digital tools, CAD models, mock-ups and prototypes to quickly and efficiently communicate ideas with other designers and the product development teams. Leverage your communication, collaboration and influencing skills to drive alignment behind the best solution.
• Strategic Partner — Use Design Thinking methodologies to help business partners understand abstract concepts and help to shape the future of our business.
• A BS/BA in Industrial Design with a min. of 1 years of relevant professional experience(including CoOp, Internship) is required.
• Must possess excellent visual communication skills using traditional sketching and digital media (Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, etc or similar).
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient using CAD (Alias, SolidWorks, or similar) to create 3D databases that capture design intent and are suitable for downstream use by the product development team.
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary product development teams and external partners is preferred.
• Experience with the medical device development process and regulatory landscape is a strong plus.
• Additional skills and hands-on experiences that augment the medical device design process (e.g., Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Mechanical Engineering, Clinical Experience…etc.) are a strong plus.
• This position may require
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.