- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 55379
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
PURPOSE OF JOB
A Wealth of Opportunity awaits you at Dynamic Funds
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to…
• Report to the Senior Manager, Client Administration
• Be responsible for leading up to several teams within Client Administration
• Manage relationships with leaders of internal client groups Client Relations Center (CRC), Product, Sales, Dealer Relations (DR) to promote common goals and solutions to problems, allowing various team to work more effectively together
• Assist Senior Manager in developing and leading department goals
• Develop and lead implementation plans across Client Administration to improve output and quality
• Process Confirmation, ensure management team is actively demonstrating Compass methodology
• Special projects and travel will be required on occasion
• Review and understand pertinent regulatory and legal requirements to determine the operational impact to each team within department, lead implementation of procedure and system controls to ensure adherence. This includes the following
• ensuring Policy and Procedure (P&P and website) docs is comprehensive and current as well as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) docs
• assessing impact to the customer and leading discussions with various internal clients to arrive at business decisions needed to support regulatory update
• examining system capabilities and collaborating with IT and vendors to find solutions needed to support regulatory update
• determining scope and format of training to ensure success delivery of knowledge of regulatory update, as well as system updates and policy and procedure updates made
• Subject Matter Expert on new products, which includes knowledge of the fund documentations, application forms, system features, SOPs. Serve as key contact person working with Product. Compliance, Sales, and Legal to development and implement new product initiatives. This role will be responsible for oversight of administration of speciality products (Altitude Program, Pool Funds, Institutional trades, Hedge trades, Rebalancing)
• Identify department KPIs, create necessary monitoring tools, and produce reports illustrating department performance stats, productivity, and accuracy. Provide monthly dashboard reporting and conduct debrief meeting with leadership team
• Work with each team Manager and Assistant Manager to create team and individual KPIs, ensuring Managers are reviewing KPI reports and taking appropriate actions to meet or exceed KPI targets, including motivating all staff and having difficult conversations with lower performance.
• Coordinate all system enhancements to iFAST, AWD, OOD, FundSERV and other applications as needed. This includes attending business requirement meetings internally and with vendor, preparing testing strategies, considering impact to current workflow, and changes required to existing performance reports.
• Oversight of iFAST, AWD, OOD, FundSERV and other application releases. Understanding and determining impact of changes within each release as they affect department. Coordinating testing, training needed. Identifying new services and products available within releases which benefit the business. Recommendations should be clearly documented with benefits, risk for consideration, cost and shared with stakeholders.
• Represent department year end tax process. Accountable to ensure all data integrity is completed so tax slips and statements contain valid data. Oversight of manual Estates Tax Process to ensure necessary slips are created and delivered to investor, CRA, and posted online.
• Respond to escalated service issues, serve as key contact person for Managing Directors, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Directors of internal client groups
• Conduct biweekly calls and meet with internal client groups CRC , DR and IT. Oversight of agenda ensuring agenda items share department policy and procedure changes so that internal client groups are kept current.
• Represent department in strategic meetings with internal and external (dealers, advisors, custodians, vendors) client groups
2. Team Management
• Conducts disciplinary reviews and performance reviews where necessary
• Provide regular performance feedback including semi-annual team member appraisals and Employee Development Plans
• Make recommendations to recruit, discipline and terminate personnel as needed
• Support Viewpoint Survey through oversight of focus groups and planning activities to ensure staff are connected to Viewpoint throughout the year
• Implement quarterly process confirmation check in to ensure Managers and Assistant Managers are adhering to SOPs
3. Continuous Improvement
• Assists in developing, and actively champions department and cor