- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assistant Trade Middle Office Manager (Bilingual French and English) : 0000DX15
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking has an extensive network that covers three-quarters of global trade flows. It operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them thrive and grow. We work with a wide range of customers, from mid-market companies to large multinationals, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently. These include global trade and receivables finance, global liquidity and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance.
Relationship management is at the heart of our business and these teams work closely with customers to build an in-depth understanding of their needs.
Key Objectives for Assistant Trade Middle Office Manager:
Trade is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including Global Banking and Markets, Commercial Banking, and Private Banking. The jobholder is responsible for smooth execution of the day to day activities for the Global Trade and Receivable Finance Operational teams. The job requires a high degree of understanding in Trade operations in terms of technical knowledge, through understanding of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published rules as well as Global Trade and Receivable Finance Financial Instruction Manual, Internal Controls and Group Compliance Policy including International sanctions and Financial Crime Risks etc. In delivering their responsibilities, they are expected to successfully lead a cohesive team which is inspired to meet business imperatives. This will include monitoring of workflow management tools, facilitating optimal resource planning to ensure delivery of a “superior” customer service in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
To demonstrate a strong focus in service & sales, and to increase productivity whilst maintaining the highest service standard. To ensure that all internal compliance and guidelines are met.
- To deliver excellent customer service and provide top quality trade services/solutions to customers.
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organisation by driving a customer centric culture
- Monitor service quality standards and set benchmarks for high performance
- Monitor operational performance on the basis of key metrics like Service Level Agreements, quality, operational losses and basis which we take appropriate action and escalating where appropriate
- Proactively identify problems and effectively work to resolve them sharing best practice with other Trade and Receivable Finance teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of Management Information to key stakeholders
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Business Development and sales team, operate in an open and transparent way being fully accountable for supporting their business
- Support other Business initiatives in driving operational change programmes.
- Be aware of issues within teams and resolve or escalate in appropriate and timely manner
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Ensure close monitoring of the operational risk and exercise appropriate action to minimize the likelihood of operating risk occurring including risk identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting
- Regular review and improvement of processes and procedures as well as customers with balanced consideration of risk and return.
- Ensuring compliance to rules & relevant guidelines on handling of transactions. Implementation of Group Compliance Policy as applicable to the role
- Ensure regular review and critical analysis of operations & systems, to implement or make recommendation in streamlining workflow/procedures. Sharing best practices & work improvement initiatives with other Global Trade and Receivable Finance sites
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bilingual; English & French Mandatory
- At least 2-5 years of experience in trade products, operations, Trade Cycle and customer service
- Good understanding of Customer Groups and supporting business initiatives
- Good understanding of Operational Risk related to the underlying Trade Transactions
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- A good team player who possesses good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Can work independently and quickly, with good attention to detail and solutions oriented
- Self-motivated with initiatives to take on new and additional responsibilities
- A Bachelor degree preferably in a business or related area
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Commercial Banking
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 16:42:24 Unposting Date
: 19-Dec-2019, 04:59:00
- ms project
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.