- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 61316
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Associate Director, Supply Chain Finance (SCF) is responsible for providing SCF solutions to corporate customers and prospects across the Bank’s footprint in Global Banking & Markets (GBM), International Banking and Commercial Banking (Structured).
The role will support SCF team members to meet strategic objectives, achieve income targets, grow revenues, increase our market share, and structure and execute transactions with key clients of GBM. Responsibilities include execution, structuring and documentation activities as well as ongoing portfolio management of the accounts.
Supply Chain Finance products include the following
• Receivable Purchase Solutions
• Payables Financing Solutions
This is a position requiring business or professional training and a minimum of 2-4 years’ related banking or business experience. The Associate Director requires credit, selling, financial, accounting, computer literacy and excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Associate Director is expected to work with minimal direction, to deal independently with routine matters for existing accounts, and to demonstrate concise rational supporting actions and recommendations.
The Associate Director is responsible for ensuring all activities within SCF meet internal credit policies, regulatory, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing guidelines and procedures, and to ensure service to customers meets the Bank’s service and complaint resolution standards.
• Ensure business goals are achieved by retaining and increasing the overall profitability of the portfolio while maintaining an acceptable level of risk.
• Prospect, structure and analyze new SCF opportunities and handle customer requests for amendments of existing credit facilities: complete risk assessments and prepare credit presentations and recommendations for review by more senior bankers, followed by corporate credit (GRM).
• Provide best-in-class service to customers and internal business partners.
• Lead end-to-end onboarding of new clients by coordinating with internal partners (Mid-Office, Operations, GBM Onboarding teams).
• Prepare and write new credit presentations and annual reviews for obligors covered by SCF including ongoing monitoring of financial performance, as well as prepare client pitch materials.
• Review SCF Product terms and credit/legal documentation in conjunction with internal and external Legal Counsel, culminating in the closing of transactions.
• Work closely with Global Business Payments and other internal partners and stakeholders (GBM, International Banking, Product, GRM, Mid-Office, Operations) to promote effective account management, marketing, approval and delivery of SCF products to customers and prospects.
• Coaching and collaboration with Associate level team members
• Development and delivery of client presentations, pitch and proposals.
• Develop and maintain a high level of expertise and competence in trade and supply chain solutions.
• Maintain a credible and high market profile internally.
• Ensure compliance with established Credit, KYC, and AML Policies and Procedures in all day to day activity.
• Safeguard the Bank’s assets, liabilities, and reputation.
• Ensure client files are complete and up-to-date.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• MBA, CPA designation, or enrollment/completion of the CFA would be an asset.
• Excellent credit and credit presentation skills.
• Excellent risk assessment and financial analytical skills.
• Excellent deal structuring skills.
• Superior negotiation skills.
• Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong MS PowerPoint skills to develop client presentations, pitch, and proposals.
• Business Development Skills with superior closing capabilities.
• Teamwork attitude.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.