- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is Experience of a Lifetime
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
Why you'll love working in Finance:
• 9 day fort-night
• Open office environment - work in team environment
• Opportunity to meet professional, friendly, and passionate people
• Ability to develop soft skills such as teamwork and communication
• Work indoors away from public and outdoor elements
• Oversee audit of cash outs for Whistler Blackcomb's Food and Beverage, Product Sales + Services, and Staff Housing departments
• Review daily work performed by seasonal and year-round audit staff.
• Assist with daily audit work when necessary
• Develop and distribute policy and procedure recommendations, and ensure internal controls are in place and followed
• Provide front-line training as it relates to cash-out procedures
• Resolve escalated issues and provide explanation to relevant staff
• Respond to queries from internal WB departments. Can include investigation (eg duplicate credit charges, new procedures, unknown payment types etc.)
• Train audit staff on the policies and procedures of the Audit Dept., and Finance Division.
• Promote and use recognition programs.
• Schedule audit staff to ensure there is 7 day a week coverage
• Provide staff performance expectations and measure their progress.
• Cascade departmental goals to staff on a regular basis.
• Organize social events and facilitate ski breaks.
• Review Over/Short Report to ensure accuracy, monitor trending, and escalate issues when necessary
• Project work as required.
• Ensure weekly audit tasks are completed. Help complete tasks when necessary.
• Follow up with location managers regarding over/short escalation
• Review, adjust and approve timesheets for all reports
• Prepare and execute team meetings/coaching sessions
• One on one meetings with direct reports
• One on one meeting with Revenue Manager
• Ensure audit deadlines are met
• Perform cash checks and adjustments
• Complete tasks related to month end financial close.
• GL Reconciliations
• Recognize revenue from deferred accounts
• Hiring, training and scheduling seasonal staff
• Review and improve procedures (Audit and Frontline)
• Review product and payment setup
• Office organization including supply ordering, filing and archiving of paperwork
• Troubleshooting system and process problems. Work with IT on systems issues.
• Hiring of year-round audit staff
• Documentation of process and procedure updates
• Conduct performance reviews for all direct reports.
• Accounting education equivalent to 1st year CGA/CMA or relevant working experience
• RPOS experience an asset
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Do Right, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value, Have Fun
• Detail oriented
• Supervisory experience an asset
• Strong knowledge of MS applications Outlook, Excel, Word
• Previous office experience
• Mature and responsible
• Excellent communication skills
• Quick learner with limited direction
• Ability to take initiative
• Well organized
• Team player
Reports to: Revenue Manager
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! ( www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb ).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 181087
- ms project