- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- FORT MCMURRAY CA
LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 32692
Why you should join us:
In this fast paced and dynamic role, you will work within our world class Mackay River automation team to provide technical support to operations, maintenance and other partners. We want you to use your continuous improvement mindset to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process and hazards in the workplace and help improve our McKay River operations!
You will use your expertise to:
- Configure, program, troubleshoot and maintain existing process control systems(Honeywell Experion C200/C300 based DCS)
- Maintain control system infrastructure including system administration, cyber security, hot fixes, patches, virus definition updates, back-ups, etc.
- Support commissioning and start-up project related activities
- Ensure timely resolution of technical issues, and technical support requests from other stakeholders
- Apply continuous improvement techniques to improve and optimize control systems reliability and performance
- Develop and or support automation best practices, standards and guidelines
- Alarm and Critical Interlock Bypass Management
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- At least five years of industrial experience in process control systems and system infra-structure (network) maintenance, preferably in an operating plant environment
- Experience with Honeywell C200 or C300 DCS or similar platforms and/or plant network communication systems including configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining the systems
- A Bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipline
- Registered or immediately eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Possess a valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
- Strong collaboration skills that enables you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- The ability to anticipate potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
- Alignment with our values
- Knowledge of digital buses like Foundation Fieldbus, Profi-Bus, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like TCP/IP, Ether Net/IP, Device Net, OPC, HART
- Knowledge of regulatory and discrete controls, including motor controls, variable frequency drives, safety instrumented systems, field sensors, final control elements, etc.
- Knowledge of or experienced in review of controls system documentation like control narratives, logic diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, loop wiring diagrams, etc.
- Skilled in Configuration and troubleshooting of Honeywell C200 and/or C300 Experion DCS or similar platforms and Network Communication Devices in an operating plant environment
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- Position is based in Fort McMurray, you will work out of our McKay River site in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- The shift schedule is a four days on/three days off rotation
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory. Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible individuals
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values .
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
- ms project
- safety and security