- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 20648
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Bakery
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Safeway - 4808 (Kenora)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
About Safeway: Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.'s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail. A day in the life of a Baker: You are an essential part of the Bakery team, working with our experienced Bakery staff to provide the highest quality products. The sweet aromas of our own fresh-baked Artisan breads, pastries, cookies, and muffins make our Bakery a must-stop place for customers. It's a fun baking opportunity and a creative one, too. You'll find yourself able to give truly personal service here.
- Experience is an asset Key Responsibilities
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway's programs
- Use of mixer, commercial oven and donut fryer
- Cleaning and sanitizing of bakery equipment
- Order writing
- Daily production of baked goods
- Receiving and rotating of baked product
- Filling Bakery showcases
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong customer service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only) Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Frequent lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Frequent hand coordination, bending pushing, pulling and twisting
- Occasional lifting of between 20-50 lbs including waist level and low level lifts
- Constant standing, walking, gripping, reaching Why work for us: We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience. If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be. We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- customer service