- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
You love to wrestle down data puzzles, you embrace the potential that data represents, you aspire to solve data problems no one else can, and above all, you want to use data to make impacts that matter - if that is you, then Omnia AI is where you want to be.
What will your typical day look like? As a Big Data Architect on our Data & Analytics Modernization team within the Omnia AI practice, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in modern data solutions including data ingestion/data pipeline frameworks, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development.
Specifically, in this role, you will:
- Lead, define, design and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
- Define and develop solution architectures, lead development teams, estimate effort and mentor junior colleagues
- Lead technical meetings with client staff, and advise client with technical option analyses based on leading practices
About the team Omnia AI, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence (AI) practice is comprised of a collaborative team of experts who use their hands-on experience with cutting-edge information assets to facilitate successful AI transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Our Data & Analytics Modernization team helps clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premise - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes.
Enough about us, let's talk about you You are someone with:
- 5+ years experience leading engagements from design to implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and hybrid architectures to enable use cases in analytics and AI
- 5+ years experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
- 3+ years experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor based analytics
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders, working with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
- Completed Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired; certifications in architecture (TOGAF), data engineering and development on AWS, Azure, GCP and/or Hadoop distributions are an asset.
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it s important to us, too. This role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build.
The time is right for you to join Deloitte. Get your career off to great start. What impact will you make?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at (see below) if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.