- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- VANIER CA
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it's right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy-we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Job Summary Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Food Service Supervisors, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Assist the Managers to supervise multiple food service units.
- Supervise the production of menu items, ensure completion of cash readings, manage associates, schedule staff working hours, hire and train employees.
- Learn from and assist the Manager to resolve labour relation issues, track and produce reports on weekly inventories, sales revenue, labour and food cost.
- Communicate positively and enthusiastically to the café patrons and address their issues promptly.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass' Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
- Ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Supervisor? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- At least one year of strong operation food industry management experience in Long Term Care or Heathcare.
- Current active status as Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM).
- Comprehensive health and safety knowledge and training.
- Knowledge of food service catering.
- Strong supervisory skills and the capability to motivate and lead staff.
- Employee relations experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.
- customer service