- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North York
Requisition ID: 62420
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Bilingual (French) Collections Advisor (12 Month Contract) is responsible for maximizing collection of overdue payments from customers while minimizing collection costs and loan losses on individually assigned accounts. This role conducts timely and effective collection follow-up on assigned loans in varying stages of arrears and, on accounts where a potential risk to the Bank is evident.
1- Customer Fulfillment/Experience - Ensure the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction by:
- Providing human, straightforward, and knowledgeable service through daily interactions to create a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with customers and fellow employees;
- Understanding the customers’ circumstances and matching appropriate solutions through sound knowledge of collection practices, policies and procedures;
- Addressing and resolving customer concerns, inquiries, issues or complaints on loan contracts in arrears;
- Being upfront with customers when the Bank cannot provide the solution they seek, offering an explanation as to why and suggesting alternatives;
- Preparing correspondence including demand letters in a manner that reflects Bank policies and guidelines while conveying a tone that protects integrity of the customer;
- Escalating more serious situations/problems to the Team Lead or Manager, Front End Collections, as required for speedy and equitable resolution.
2- Business Plan Execution – Supports Bank’s business plans, and business objectives for the department by:
- Evaluating the client’s current financial situation and apply solid credit knowledge combined with creativity and ingenuity in the management of problem accounts while obtaining customer cooperation and protecting the Bank’s interests;
- Primary emphasis on rehabilitating accounts and retaining sound, profitable business for the Bank by acting in a timely manner to identify the risk associated with all assigned accounts and executing prompt action to minimize loss and secure the Bank’s position;
- Discussing contractual loan payment arrangements with customers before offering revised or reduced payments, terms and conditions;
- Negotiating alternate payment arrangements including token or reduced payment amounts from customers and accurately communicating the revised terms and conditions of the loan;
- Evaluating the ability to make negotiated payments and assessing the source of funds for payment;
- Recommending or taking action to ensure past customer commitments have been met including resolving persistent payment problems;
- Makes sound decisions on accepting, rejecting or offering amended payment terms and settlements while conforming to Bank policies and procedures.
3- Operational Efficiencies and Compliance – Drive operational effectiveness activities and compliance by:
- Reporting and escalating any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activities evidenced through customer conversations and/or payment verification directly to the Team Lead, Manager or Director, Front End Collections ;
- Conducting timely and constructive collection activity by telephone, letter, text message, e-mail, or other appropriate means;
- Effectively and efficiently using the automated call distribution and outbound predictive dialer systems;
- Utilizing the collection system to facilitate communication within the department, among team members and/or referral of the account to the Team Lead or Manager, Front End Collections;
- Completing updates to all appropriate Bank systems ;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the Bank and Customer information as set out in Scotiabank’s Privacy Code;
- Adhering to regulatory and Internal Bank guidelines as required and maintaining awareness throughout the year, ensuring compliance to AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know Your Customer) and Privacy policies.
4- Team Membership – Contribute to the effective functioning of the team by: •Assisting with the training of new team members (delegating, reviewing work preparation) or the monitoring of cross-training initiatives within the department;
- Actively participating and contributing to coaching sessions, touch base and team meetings;
- Acquiring and maintaining a good knowledge of the department functions, processes and operating procedures;
- Fostering a performance oriented culture of open and honest communication;
- Developing and executing a meaningful personal development plan.
- Post-secondary education, with minimum 1 year of experience in the collection of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts is preferred. In addition,
- Branch working experience and bilingualism is considered an asset;
- Ability to deal effectively with Branch and/or customer inquiries, concerns or complaints and provide prompt and accurate resolution to complete satisfaction of all involved parties;
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet;
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s Retail products, services and operating/collections systems;
- An understanding of predictive dialer equipment and payment collection systems is an asset.
- Ability to fluently communicate in French and English is required
- Full-Time and paid training is provided for 4 weeks – training is in-class, mandatory and non-negotiable
- This position is located at 90 Wynford Drive, North York, ON
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.