- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 23989
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team.
- Ability to be a working lead for a project team of mining designers in a 3D CAD (SP3D) environment.
- Ability to coordinate with engineers and designers both within the mining discipline and other engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for the layout and design of all infrastructure from the shaft collar down (excludes all surface infrastructure).
- Provide mentorship and supervision to a team of project CAD designers.
- Ability to estimate the number of layout deliverables required, to estimate the hours required to prepare these deliverables and to prepare a delivery schedule.
- Ability to deliver 3D CAD models and drawings on budget and on schedule from a team of project designers.
- Provide regular feedback to the Overall Project Layout Lead on progress with preparation of 3D CAD models and drawings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant diploma in Mining or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum of 10 years experience designing underground mining projects, with a minimum 20 years total experience in layout and design.
- Highly skilled in the use of SP3D and ancillary software with some experience in the use of the Bentley/Microstation suite of 3D CAD tools.
- Knowledge of underground mine design and project delivery, including the activities, interfaces and interdependence of all project disciplines.
- Mining experience in Potash/Soft rock.
- Experience with the following:
- Underground Ore Handling
- UG maintenance shops.
- Electrical Reticulation.
- Fuel and Lube Storage and distribution.
- Experience with greenfield and brownfield interfaces for underground mining.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel for short durations to various global project offices and to site in Saskatchewan.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- ms project