- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Imagine having the chance to be part of a leading team and make an impact on a global stage while working with the toys and games you loved as a child.
As Hasbro’s German Brand Translator, you will be responsible for translating and reviewing toys and games packaging, instructions and content for assigned brands, as well as eCommerce descriptions, product scripts and other material as required. You will also be responsible for feeding and updating the team’s translation memories and terminology base.
This is a 1 year renewable contract, working at Hasbro’s Longueil office.
A day in the life of a Brand Translator:
- Translate and review toys and games packaging, instructions and other components
- Translate and review Hasbro eCommerce descriptions, product scripts and other material as required
- Maintain and update the team’s translation memories and terminology base to ensure translation quality and consistency
- Ensure brand translation consistency on all brand expressions in German
- Create and update translation briefs and other reference documents for our external partners
- Act as an expert for any language or translation question
What you’ll bring:
- University degree in translation or discipline focused on written communications
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Professional-level knowledge of American English and German
- Professional-level writing skills in German
- Strong linguistic and cultural sensibility (Germany)
- Good communication skills in English and basicFrench (written and spoken)
- Strong text comprehension and analytical skills
- Strong creativity and consumer-oriented marketing mindset
- Strong critical and logical judgment
- Strong organizational and methodological skills
- Team-oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of computer-assisted translation tools
You get extra points for:
Having experience in the consumer product industry, marketing or advertisement
Why join Hasbro:
- Working at Hasbro means that you are joining one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
- From ice cream day, to paint night, our Fun Committee will ensure that you can let loose and have some fun at work.
- Want to get started earlier on the weekend? No problem, we have flexible working hours for you to enjoy.
- At Hasbro we have a generous volunteering program allowing employees to volunteer their time to help kids in their community.